B

BErt

My company gave each person a 1/2 gallon of apple cider and 12 donuts just now, which is really nice of them! But i mean...it’s 11am on a work day so now there exists a non-zero chance that I eat 12 donuts and a half gallon of cider in 6 hours

But so will everyone else, so at least nobody will feel guilty about it.
...unless you treat it like your initial outlay of Monopoly money, and barter it back and forth among yourselves until one of you is crowned “Cider Donut King/Queen.”

—Patrick

Last edited:
My company gave each person a 1/2 gallon of apple cider and 12 donuts just now, which is really nice of them! But i mean...it’s 11am on a work day so now there exists a non-zero chance that I eat 12 donuts and a half gallon of cider in 6 hours
6 hours?

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh boy, first it was the roundabouts, and now they're putting in a diverging diamond interchange in college station.

I can see how this is going to go. (See attachment)

Edit: I soundclouded it instead for embedding

edit edit eeeexcept the media plugin doesn't seem to like soundcloud on my browser >_< soooo click here.

Oh boy, first it was the roundabouts, and now they're putting in a diverging diamond interchange in college station.

I can see how this is going to go. (See attachment)

Edit: I soundclouded it instead for embedding

edit edit eeeexcept the media plugin doesn't seem to like soundcloud on my browser >_< soooo click here.
They have those in some parts of Colorado Springs now. I kind of like them on the very rare occasion I'm in that area.

I've been on a kick of watching Star Trek technical and lore videos on Youtube and man do those folks have a whiny pissbaby bug up their asses about Discovery redesigning the future and deciding that a show based 200+ years in the future should probably at least have better technology than we do now. UUUUUHHH, this Klingon ship isn't the exact same as the one from a 60s show. WHY DOES DISCOVERY HAVE HOLOGRAMS...UUUUUHHHHH.

Fuck off. Jesus Christ.

I've been on a kick of watching Star Trek technical and lore videos on Youtube and man do those folks have a whiny pissbaby bug up their asses about Discovery redesigning the future and deciding that a show based 200+ years in the future should probably at least have better technology than we do now. UUUUUHHH, this Klingon ship isn't the exact same as the one from a 60s show. WHY DOES DISCOVERY HAVE HOLOGRAMS...UUUUUHHHHH.

Fuck off. Jesus Christ.
I swear to god... this situation was already addressed in the DS9 episode Trials and Tribulations: the retro looking design found in TOS was a design aesthetic of the period, purposefully evoking a "golden age of discovery" feel in the design of the technology of the time. The actual technology inside those ships and equipment would still be considered state of the art. If they go on the Enterprise this season and it looks like the Discovery, that doesn't mean anything: James Kirk is fresh out of the Academy right now; when he's assigned to the Enterprise in the future, it's entirely possible that it's been retrofitted in the intervening years. The Enterprise was commisioned in the 2250's... Kirk didn't take command until 2265 and the ship was still considered space worthy until 2285, when it was destroyed in Search for Spock. That's a -35- year service for a ship, I assure you it that it's been refitted at leas t once (as shown by the bridge in the movies being wildly different in design than the show).

It's like how everything looks like it's designed by Apple in bad sci-fi these days; the imagery associated with it is powerful and popular right now. But go 50 years into the future and I assure you, it's all going to look dated. The vision of the future doesn't persist forever, there is only the vision of NOW. Fuck, I can even think of a good reason for the redesign; the TOS stuff looks WAY more economical in scale and design... having just gotten out of a major war with the Klingons, it's possible the redesign of EVERYTHING is Star Fleet just dealing with it's supply issues.

Last edited:
Heh. Pizza is apparently paving some of our (somewhat) local roads. Apparently the Domino's promotion boils down to $5,000 in grant money to the municipality with the worst voted roads, and Coos Bay won that hands-down. I'd put this over in the Minor Victory thread, but we actually already have a really good paving company out here that is kicking ass on some major repaving projects, for whom this $5,000 grant will cover 4 pot-hole fillings; and also because the data scientist in me can only begin to imagine how much data this survey managed to scrape up for Domino's and their ad partners.

in /r/fantasy someone asked how deer, rabbits etc exist in stories and video games that have a ton of monsters in the wilderness.. With that many apex predators, how are normal animals not driven to extinction.

So I wrote
Deer survive in a wood filled with hungry rampaging orcs by the simple fact that, though it may look like a deer, it's not really a deer.

Somewhere in a cave is a gigantic swollen deer creature with stumpy little pseudo-legs that gives birth to thousands of little wriggling deer larva every day, which quickly mature into drone worker deers in a matter of days.

Nature is in balance. The ravaging hordes eat a ton of these worker drones, but they are speedily replenished by the queen deer.
Now I kinda wanna write a story and work that bit of absurdity into it. :p

There are still deer that live in and around cites here in the midwest. Deer are very adaptable.
Columbus is kind of "big" by Mid-Western standards these days, but it's outskirts are still littered with raccoons, foxes, coyote, and white tailed deer. I've even seen Turkey Vultures flying around as close as Franklinton recently.

Hunting is kind of big here as a result; without it, the white tail population would be unmanageable and they'd be everywhere.

Serpentarius AHAHA yes that sounds much better! ( why is my texxt stuck slanted) lol im not good at this stuff and i litterly write out all my thoughts ( habits lol). So I read Everything About Astrology: Zodiac Signs Junction, Tarot and Horoscopes place which had read on there before ( idk where the post is there now) but like it had greek terms for astrology signs ( if anyone can find it let me knwo thanks
Post automatically merged:

Wait here it is [link redacted] OMG I didnt know Serpentarius was the 13th sign omggg that is soo weird ! ( can someone here show me how to update my profile pic, i dont like the H) thnx

Last edited by a moderator:
The world's shortest vampire is SO SHORT...

(How SHORT is he?)

...instead of biting you on the neck, he bites you on the ___BLANK___!