At the Strictly Dumpling/Double Chen meetup last weekend, Dan mentioned his Boston accent, and Mike getting asked what village in Nepal he was from (he's from Xi'an.) So we started thinking, what is the Chinese equivalent of the yinzer accent? New England? What's the Chinese version of "you betcha?" What would a Chinese surfer dude sound like, and where would he come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That moment where you're brainstorming something for your book, but then get so fascinated by something you research that you start thinking of an entirely separate, unrelated story! ‪#‎writerproblems‬[DOUBLEPOST=1466390297,1466390203][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, apologies that almost all my posts these days are writing-related. Been on a spree of writing or thinking about writing ever since I pulled out of a month-long depression.

Between father's day and Veronica's birthday, I ate so much this weekend. If you have to try a typical ecuadorian food, it must be a seco de gallina. Also, I tasted tacos for the first time.

Dave

Staff member
Ever read a story and based on the headline you were all, "WTF, man?!?" but then you read the article and you went, "Huh."

That's this article for me. The headline makes it sound like they are doing something illegal and wrong, but the more you get into it the more you realize this is legit and not necessarily a bad idea. Let me give you the headline.

Smiths Falls, Ont., funeral business dissolves the dead, pours them into town sewers

GasBandit

Staff member
Ever read a story and based on the headline you were all, "WTF, man?!?" but then you read the article and you went, "Huh."

That's this article for me. The headline makes it sound like they are doing something illegal and wrong, but the more you get into it the more you realize this is legit and not necessarily a bad idea. Let me give you the headline.

Smiths Falls, Ont., funeral business dissolves the dead, pours them into town sewers
"You come in by water, you leave by water" sounds like something a Greyjoy would say.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in icebase.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction icebase
Is also great
And would suffiace.

I haven't read it yet, but I'll bet it's about saponification.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Ever had a friend who was certifiably batshit insane? I got one of those. The Large Hadron Collider is trying to open a portal to hell. The Illuminati are running the UN. Satan has hidden symbolism in our popular movies. YOU NEED TO DO YOUR RESEARCH!

And what's amazing to me is that EVERY person that he interacts with that agrees with him is really, really religious. I went all "angry atheist" today. I probably shouldn't have, but these people are just fucking ignorant and insane...and that's the way they like it.

But I'm sure they'll pray for me because it's easier than picking up a fucking book.

Ever had a friend who was certifiably batshit insane? I got one of those. The Large Hadron Collider is trying to open a portal to hell. The Illuminati are running the UN. Satan has hidden symbolism in our popular movies. YOU NEED TO DO YOUR RESEARCH!

And what's amazing to me is that EVERY person that he interacts with that agrees with him is really, really religious. I went all "angry atheist" today. I probably shouldn't have, but these people are just fucking ignorant and insane...and that's the way they like it.

But I'm sure they'll pray for me because it's easier than picking up a fucking book.
One would think that they would at least pick up a bible from time to time.

Cajungal

Staff member

Are you saying that if I go to your page, I could find some more juicy Facebook ridiculousness?!

I have a deadbeat uncle who still uses the word "yuppie." Everyone except him is an asshole or a "corporate whore." I've learned to avoid him.

Dave

Staff member
Are you saying that if I go to your page, I could find some more juicy Facebook ridiculousness?!

I have a deadbeat uncle who still uses the word "yuppie." Everyone except him is an asshole or a "corporate whore." I've learned to avoid him.
Yes. Look for Merrick and read through his stuff. Dude went crazy and I finally couldn't take it any longer.

New strategy Dave, let the wookie win.

Duquesne Light, the Pittsburgh electric utility, has revised it's logo in order to go after "younger customers." What kind of bullshit is that? You're the only electric company in town. Where else are they gonna go? And how young are we talking here? Are you trying to get the kids to have Dad change electric companies because you're "cooler" now?

I need this explained to me.

When you have 2-3 months to spare, a Michigan State University student developed an optimal route to drive all across the US and hit 50 major landmarks in the 48 contiguous states (two in California and one in D.C.).

sauce: http://news.discovery.com/tech/gear...the-us-hitting-all-major-landmarks-150309.htm
Didn't he also have a couple of alternate routes for things like visiting all the capitals, and also post the code in case you wanted to write circuits that included your own preferred destinations?

--Patrick

WatchMojo got hacked today, and with their limitless potential with they channel at their fingertips, the insidious Obnoxious and Pein...changed the titles of a bunch of videos. Christ, why bother?

Dave

Staff member
Did you know that your brain is not real because you can't see it? And air! You can't see that, either.

Good lord the level of stupid in these people is amazing. And they VOTE!! (Mostly republican. They all like Trump. Go figure.)