Our two vets have pondered whether she might be allergic to human dander or dust mites, in which case we're sorta fucked there.
Change your furnace filter with a high allergen reducing one, close the windows, turn the fan from "auto" to "on", then vacuum the entire house including cloth furniture every day for a week, and launder all the large cloth items (blankets, sheets, rugs) once. This will reduce the possible allergens in the house significantly, and you should see improvement if that's the issue. If it is, you only have to vacuum/launder once a week after the initial get-rid-of-all-dust session, and replace your furnace filter once a month if you choose to use it rather than a dedicate HEPA filter in the area she spends most time in.

Also note that it's allergy season, so if she's young and this is a new issue, even though she's indoor the outside pollen can affect her if you leave the windows open. Consider shutting the house up and seeing if that results in improvement.

If it is allergens, then you need to figure out if its outside or inside once she's feeling better. Taking her on walks outside should quickly determine if it's an outside thing, and if so it's going to be seasonal and antihistamines might be your best bet.

If its inside, then vacuuming and filtering should be sufficient.

Dave

Staff member
When you get him, can you tell us whether or not the myth is true that a bitchin' guitar solo follows him around wherever he goes?
Will do!

Oh, and he's in town because he's jumping into the College World Series tomorrow night. How cool is this guy?

It is supposed to be in the 100s this weekend. My cosplay is long sleeved and has leggings.

I hope I don't pass out or something. :p

I know we don't really have NBA fans here but I need a place to say that LeBron James is absurdly great at basketball and Game 7 is going to be insane.

Dave

Staff member
And now Doc is crashed on the couch and my wife is throwing up. Doc crashed while watching back to back episodes of Rick & Morty.

It's going to be a long night.

Dave

Staff member
Doc is still crashed, but my wife is now snoring. In the bathroom. On the floor where she passed out. The door opens in and she's leaning against it so I can't move it. We have one bathroom. I have to pee. I also have to be up in 4.5 hours for work. And so does she.

Dave

Staff member
She's up and moving!!

No wait, wait. She's puking again. But I did get to pee, so I have that going for me.

Dave

Staff member
She's still in the bathroom and told me to go to bed. I'm seriously thinking about it. We're going to the College World Series tomorrow so it's going to be a long day. I have a feeling she's going to call in sick.

In unrelated news, I feel bhamv-ey. I was sitting here on the tram on my way to work, and suddenly some twenty something 17-to-18 year old afro-european girls get on, all in Catholic schoolgirl outfit. I've been eavesdropping and apparently it's an end of school year excursion to a museum of the 6th year (which is how I know they're 17 or 18), so the uniform rules are more relaxed, I guess.... Half have their tops tied up revealing belly buttons, the other half have their skirts up higher than they're normally allowed to I'd wager.
Anyway, fun to look at but can't help feeling kinda creepy.

Last edited:
In unrelated news, I feel bhamv-ey. I was sitting here on the team on my way to work, and suddenly some twenty something 17-to-18 year old afro-european girls get on, all in Catholic schoolgirl outfit. I've been eavesdropping and apparently it's an end of school year excursion to a museum of the 6th year (which is how I know they're 17 or 18), so the uniform rules are more relaxed, I guess.... Half have their tops tied up revealing belly buttons, the other half have their skirts up higher than they're normally allowed to I'd wager.
Anyway, fun to look at but can't help feeling kinda creepy.
Embrace them.

Err... embrace it. That creepy feeling. That's what I'm talking about. Embrace the feeling.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh god the width of that second H. I mean, I get it - it's comic sans, centered, orphaned suffix.. but it's the stretched out H that finally broke me.