These guys are hilarious and loving. They're also a year old, meaning we have probably only another year with them. I hope they pass around the same time, because they're attached and co-dependent, and I don't know how one would do alone if the other was gone. I just know I'm going to be a fucking wreck around October 2014.
Our guinea pig is getting near his expected expiry date, and I feel the same way. He's still somewhat spry, but he's a lot quieter than he used to be. I hope he goes quick, and not like my great white ferret (Moby). That sucked. When they stop wanting their favorite treats, it breaks my heart.

Our guinea pig is getting near his expected expiry date, and I feel the same way. He's still somewhat spry, but he's a lot quieter than he used to be. I hope he goes quick, and not like my great white ferret (Moby). That sucked. When they stop wanting their favorite treats, it breaks my heart.
This is what is was like when I lost my mouse. It went from happy and spry to lying in agony over the course of a single day, due to what I'm guessing was ether a heart attack or an aneurism. He had to endure the pain for several hours before finally passing because I was unable to ease it and unwilling to end it for him. He was just a mouse and I only had him for about two years, but the look on his face while he dying is one I will never forget.

And now I'm crying. Fuck.

This is what is was like when I lost my mouse. It went from happy and spry to lying in agony over the course of a single day, due to what I'm guessing was ether a heart attack or an aneurism. He had to endure the pain for several hours before finally passing because I was unable to ease it and unwilling to end it for him. He was just a mouse and I only had him for about two years, but the look on his face while he dying is one I will never forget.

And now I'm crying. Fuck.
Had something similar happen with a kitten that it's mother wouldn't nurse. Poor thing just went away over the course of the night, and I've always prided myself on doing what needed to be done. Couldn't end it for the poor little guy. Just held him in my hands overnight til he died.

I'm so depressed I feel like I want to crawl inside a sleeping bag, seal it from inside and masturbate all day ( ,_,)

Last edited:

Cajungal

Staff member
"...and then she wore out the batteries on her FOUR PURPLE RABBIT VIBRATORS, but she was still horny..."

That book needs to happen.

Harley sitting naked in a bathtub with toasters, blow dryers, blenders, appliances all dangling above the bathtub and she has a cord that will release them all. We are watching the moment before the inevitable death. Her expression is one of “oh well, guess that’s it for me” and she has resigned herself to the moment that is going to happen.
:mad:

Spec work, eh? Guess all the current artists are trying to get residuals and they need new cheap, niave blood.
Your more right than you think. They've been having artists walk off their books all year because the editors seem to think they know what is best for the artist's story. This has devolved DC back to a point where they think people still care about variant covers.

GasBandit

Staff member
New girl came in my office, humming/singing this something-something "song about trust" or some such nonsense. So I bellowed back at her, "SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUN-DEHRHH... WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHAAAAAALE" ... yeah, she ran away pretty fast.

My 8-year-old chubby neighbor gets a new dress, her older sister says she looks "fatal" (it's a word used a lot to say "horrible" here), she turns away running and cheerfully comes to me twhirling, dancing and spinning and tells me with a big smile: "Look! I look fatal!"

I thought it was so awesome that she didn't know what it meant and felt so pretty and incredible! I'm still laughing.
It's like life gives me these little moments where I confirm over and over that the way you look and the way you feel are completely separate things.

Advice time.

If something is bothering you, should you definitely talk to the person you are having the problem with? I have little hope that things will change or opinions will change, so I can't decide if it's worth it to talk to said person, or for me to just deal with it myself. If I can deal with it. I don't know...I'm just having a hard time and I'm really bothered by some things lately.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Talk to said person, even though things will likely not change, or keep my mouth shut?

Advice time.

If something is bothering you, should you definitely talk to the person you are having the problem with? I have little hope that things will change or opinions will change, so I can't decide if it's worth it to talk to said person, or for me to just deal with it myself. If I can deal with it. I don't know...I'm just having a hard time and I'm really bothered by some things lately.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Talk to said person, even though things will likely not change, or keep my mouth shut?
Well, if you're not going into at least a little more detail, it's hard to give any useful advice. I can think of half a dozen different situations where what you said may be a sensible summary, with different advice/reactions. Is it someone who has some sort of power over you (boss, manager,...) and who might get upset/angry if you tell him/her? Is it someone who you're close to and might be offended, breaking a bond you don't want severed (brother, niece,...)? Is the thing that's bothering you something that, if left unchecked, might drag you down along with him/her (drug use by partner, embezzling by a co-worker,...)?

Depending on the situation, advice might be to try and get away from the person without hurting them, to try and talk to them as inoffensively as possible, to make it very clear and obvious that you won't stand for what's going on, to casually mention it but not press the point if they're unwilling to admit fault/flaw, to try and involve a third party to either mediate or support you,....

In all cases, though, "rushing in unthinking and going for the attack" is probably the wrong idea, as is trying to "just bottle it all up and "deal with it" by yourself" if it's something serious. Try to stay clear of danger to yourself and loved ones, try not to blow up something good you have going on over trivialities, but be firm and honest if it's something that needs addressing.

Sorry for the sort of wishy-washy advice. Last words: you're obviously in the right, and s/he is a jerk/bitch for doing/saying/acting as they do. :thumbsup:

I would also add to the above that if this is something that has a definite end (moving/transfer/whatever), then simply sticking out the term may be an option if you know no harm will be done in the interim AND everything will be done once it's over.

--Patrick

My best employee's last day. Sent her home early. I'll miss having her around: she was an awesome person and a good worker.

Due to various other people's schedules and illnesses, I am now alone in the office for the rest of my day (but I'm taking off at 2 instead of 4), so it's got a quiet, weird vibe. On the positive side of it, I get to turn on the speakers and listen to stuff without headphones for a change. PARTY!