Lovely... looks-wise, I'm guessing? Because that sounds like a heaping helping of looney stew.
Looks-wise, yes, but also we did have some good conversations over the few dates. We both read similar things, and have similar taste in movies, and are aspiring writers. It was nice to find someone with a lot to discuss/relate to. But the massive insecurities expressed onto me were not worth it, sadly.

Wife is out of town with the kids leaving me at home for the whole week,

People think it will be all like this;

History shows it will be like this;

Seemingly every time I spend time with extended family:

"Okay everyone, it's time to play... HOW LONG BEFORE GRANDMA SAYS SOMETHING RACIST??"

And it's always the grandma. On either side of the family. Nobody else.

What up with old white women? (I'm aware of the irony)

GasBandit

Staff member
For me, it's my Grandma's brother, Uncle Jack. He's like... super duper racist. The only other family member I've heard utter something unrepentantly racist was my great grandfather who was upset when I showed him my NES because he didn't want "to buy nothing from the japs." I don't know if he actually was in the service in WW2 or not.

For me, that was my great grandma, Willie Mae. And I don't think she had hatred towards other races, but that it was because she grew up in the deep south in the early 1900's and honestly didn't know any better than to not say certain things. Like a black-colored dog wasn't black. Oh no, it was a "cute little ni***r dog!" And the rest of us next to her would be mortified and try to correct her, but she'd just be like "But it IS a cute little ni***r dog!"

My Mexican grandma isn't racist, she's just a little kookie sometimes. My White grandma is one of the most religiously intolerant people I've known. My Dad's Christmas present from her one year was a letter telling him that God told her that if he didn't start making us go to church again, we'd all be going to Hell. Thanks Grandma, Merry Christmas to you too! :rolleyes:

BananaHands

Staff member
Oh, great. A suicide victim got the attention he craved, that's gonna be a GREAT example for other people who have the same mindset.

I thought his website was taken down shortly after the circumstances behind it were discovered. Did someone put it back up?

--Patrick

Ok, his reasons for suicide took a strange turn towards the end... when it turns political and sounds like someone offing themselves after listening to Glenn Beck. And not for the ordinary reasons one wishes death when listening to Glenn Beck.

Is that the gold scavenger hunt guy? Oh reading it, it was a fake scavenger hunt practical joke.

Yeah, that guy was an odd duck.

A guy who called the cops reporting his own suicide...I'm starting to think 8 Pounds had an extremely negative influence on the world.

Side-note, I saw that movie before it was released because I know Will Smith's "cousin".

Things my wife would say if she were here right now:

1. Are you having a beer for breakfast?
2. Where are your pants?
3. Why is the house so clean?

Deleted my OK Cupid account.

Asked a real-world-actual-person out!

She's seeing someone.

Still, though, OKC was actually a terrible thing, why did it take me so long to delete it.

Deleted my OK Cupid account.

Asked a real-world-actual-person out!

She's seeing someone.

Still, though, OKC was actually a terrible thing, why did it take me so long to delete it.
Don't give up. I had zero luck with OKC too. Try something else. Eventually it will work out.

fade

Staff member
Ever come up with something awesome only to find out it not only already exists, but that you probably should've known about it? I just spent days inventing something in c++ which is apparently called the visitor design pattern already. Oops. Sorry boss.

Ever come up with something awesome only to find out it not only already exists, but that you probably should've known about it? I just spent days inventing something in c++ which is apparently called the visitor design pattern already. Oops. Sorry boss.
Yes. More than once.
The artificial larynx, the Internet World Wide Web, and Pascal's Triangle, to name a few*.

--Patrick
*I'm not kidding.
EDIT: Corrected myself re: a technicality.

Last edited:
I actually like that experience; sometimes even knowing something does exist, I try to figure out how it can be made/would be done.