fade

Staff member
Not a good idea: running while listening to Wait, Wait! Don't Tell Me. Hard to run while laughing.

I just want you guys to know that I love you. No, really, I do. You made my day so much brighter and happy. :)

I'd say come and get your free loves'...but I don't think that would go where I would mean it to go....

Dem loves.

I know the feeling , I've been down in the dumps lately and sick even more recently but HF has provided for me.

ElJuski

Staff member
Not a good idea: running while listening to Wait, Wait! Don't Tell Me. Hard to run while laughing.
I did that while listening to the WTF Podcast on a treadmill. There were TV's in front of the treadmills, and an old guy was watching some horrible news story about an explosion or a plane crash or something, when all of a sudden I let out a massive guffaw. Yeah, I totally lost my pace and balance, but also, that old guy thought I was objectively laughing at the corpses on the screen. Yay me!

GasBandit

Staff member
Does anyone actually know someone who is afraid of clowns? In every cartoon I've seen be it on tv or the web, there seems to be at least one person who is afraid of clowns, but in real life no. I know people who think they can be annoying but that's about it.
I discovered one of my coworkers had a very real and intense fear of clowns. I didn't know it at the time. After she left, I got into her computer and changed her desktop wallpaper to the freakiest pic of Pennywise (the clown from IT) that I could find. Next morning I find out she had a massive freakout after logging in, crying and everything, and couldn't go back in her office until she got somebody to go in and change the wallpaper back for her.

VON GOOSEWING
Okay Igor, you were saying?
VON GOOSEWING
I was saying, Dr. Von Goosewing, that the master has gone mad. He's cast me out into the cold, cold snow and taken on a younger butler. And that's not all.
VON GOOSEWING
It's not?
IGOR
No. For some reason best known to himself, he has disguised himself as the penguin butler.
VON GOOSEWING
Ja?
IGOR
Ja. I mean, yes. And he has disguised the butler as himself.
VON GOOSEWING
But-but-but wait a moment, the butler *is* himself.
IGOR
No! The butler is now my master because my master is disguised as someone else. Because he is not himself.
VON GOOSEWING
Heinrich, bring me a headache pill.
IGOR
Dr. Von Goosewing, it is perfectly simple! One penguin is now Count Duckula while the other penguins are penguins, except for the one who's a duck!
VON GOOSEWING
Make that a dozen headache pills, Heinrich! Are you trying to tell me that there is more then one penguin?
IGOR
Oh, yes there is certainly more than one penguin, Dr. Von Goosewing.
VON GOOSEWING
How many more? Tell me.
IGOR
Nine.
VON GOOSEWING
If what you say is important, tell me how many more.
IGOR
Nine.
VON GOOSEWING
Rumplestiltskin! Tell me!
IGOR
Nine, nine, nine!
VON GOOSEWING
Ja, ja, ja! Tell me, tell me, TELL ME!
IGOR
I have told you how many.
VON GOOSEWING
Heinrich, just bring the bottle.
IGOR
Dr. Von Goosewing, are you quite yourself?
VON GOOSEWING
Well, I was when I left home. I just hope I'm not turning into a penguin!
IGOR
Make that *two* bottles, Heinrich, and be quick! Look, all you have to remember, Goosewing, is to miss the duck and zap the penguin.

S

SeraRelm

Damn. It's just...odd is all. Well fear is irrational so who am I to judge?
No it isn't. Some of the causes might be, but many fears are entirely rational. I'm afraid of climbing into a cage filled with rabid, starving rats. I've never been in that situation, but that fear is entirely rational. Any of my fears are going to be situational and that makes sense to me.

Clowns though? Really? I can understand being afraid of something and not willing to go look at it, but a screaming fit over a picture on a computer (not even shock value after the first few seconds) is bullshit, sorry.

PS: GasBandit

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I have a bit of a reputation around the office (and other places as well) as the guy who takes his pranks too far. There have been other incidents.

Is a fear of tetherballs rational or irrational? I remember getting hit in the face by one 20 times in a row and not being able to look at one since. Not sure if more, or less rational than fear of clowns though.

S

SeraRelm

A mild fear of getting hit in the face due to bad reaction time seems rational. A bit pavlovian in the method you gained this fear though.

GREAT NEWS / HORRIBAD NEWS UPDATE, brought to you by Gatorade: QUENCH THAT THIRST.

In economic news, yesterday the wife of famed poster Adammon was offered a promotion at her place of work, resulting in her making even more money than he does now. Adam had this to say:
approved.gif

This 18-month posting will take her out of her previous, unloved position and move her to an IT department as Project Manager. Her father, a Captain in the Canadian Air Force is also pleased as his suggestion 10 years ago that she should take courses in IT instead of Kinesiology is finally vindicated.

In other news, the wife of famed poster Adammon's grandfather passed away after a lengthy battle with cancer late yesterday afternoon. Wife's Grandfather, 90, leaves behind 17 kids, 84 grandkids and 7 great grand children. Funeral services will take place in Saskatchewan at an undetermined time.

A mild fear of getting hit in the face due to bad reaction time seems rational. A bit pavlovian in the method you gained this fear though.
Quite. Speaking of Pavlov, anyone read that Psychological study about the guys who did basically the original Pavlov study, but they replaced dog treats with meth, and the bell with a needle? Look it up, it's messed up.

And good for your wife Adammon, hope the job suits her well.

When ask "How's it feel to be a "kept man" now Mr. Adammon?" Mr. Adammon responded with:
Yer damn straight! I make good money in my own right, but my wife is a brilliant/OCD organizer/planner. I can't even begin to compete. I'm the big picture guy, the talker, the presenter, she's the brains behind the scene.

Good News: Jet slept in his bed the entire night last night...right up until 7:45.

The WTF News: Jet decided to wake me up at 7:45 by jabbing me with a toy nerf sword. Once I was looknig at him, through a haze of sleepyness, he tossed a second nerf sword on the bed beside me. He smiled. "Wake up Mommy...today we battle!"

I blame my husband for both the ideas this kid gets and his over dramatic speech patterns.