A few weeks ago, I ordered a copy of The Complete Maus on Amazon. It's a newer edition with a cloth-covered (felt, I think?) spine.

I've had to clean cat hair off of it several times while reading it.

I'd say that's a pretty good example of irony.

I feel weird saying this, but I think I'm in love with an Asexual. And I'm not saying that because I'm a shallow "She-doesn't-put-out" douche. I mean, from everything she's told me about her romantic past and from what I've seen myself, I honestly think she's asexual. I will admit that it's awkward a little bit, considering I do have those feelings for her. But at the same time, I really am in love with this girl. She is a nerd, she's a homebody like me, she's insanely cute, and she is an ABSOLUTELY kindhearted person! And she has told me that she loves me too, in a romantic sense. I wish I could just turn off the sexual feelings I have for her so they wouldn't even be an issue, that's how much I adore her. I didn't put this in a rant thread because I can't really complain about our relationship. It's just . . . complicated.

I'm confused. What happens if you are going to Tims and some thing costs 3.56?!

What do you do?! WHAT DO YOU DO?!
I think that is when the Canadians will finally answer the greatest puzzle of all time...

Why is it a penny for your thoughts, and yet you have to put your two cents in??? WHO GETS THAT PROFIT? hmmmm?

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm confused. What happens if you are going to Tims and some thing costs 3.56?!

What do you do?! WHAT DO YOU DO?!
Actually, I'm more confused by what happened when the ha'penny was retired (way back in 1857). Did all half-penny prices just start to round up? Considering that the half-penny was worth more than a modern dime is when it was retired, it seems petty to be concerned about the loss of a couple cents now.

How is it that Walruses are so cute? They have leathery skin, patchy hair, and tusks that could puncture through flesh like it were cream cheese. And whenever I see one on youtube, I feel all is right witt the world. Hippos scare me though.

fade

Staff member
How is it that Walruses are so cute? They have leathery skin, patchy hair, and tusks that could puncture through flesh like it were cream cheese. And whenever I see one on youtube, I feel all is right witt the world. Hippos scare me though.
That's good, because hippos will kill you. I'm not kidding. Look it up. They're pretty violent.

Jet calls his surgeon the 'walrus man'.

He's right. The man probably has no lips under his moustache.
I wish I had a Walrus mustache. I got a good beard, but my mustache is just average. My dad has a great stache, dude looks like a skinny Ron Swanson.

That's good, because hippos will kill you. I'm not kidding. Look it up. They're pretty violent.
Oh I have, one of the most aggresive animals in the world. Their ranked number 4 in a list of 25. That's higher than the great white shark, polar bear, and rhinocerous!

Just driving to the store :)
Doo dee doo doo doo :whistling:
Past the Tae Kwon Do Dojo :)
Oh look the crazy hat guy has built himself a trebuchet :)
Nope don't need anything at the bakery :)
Doo dee . . . :Leyla:
CRAZY HAT GUY HAS BUILT HIMSELF A TREBUCHET! :aaah:

fade

Staff member
Well, today just got odd.

I was walking down the sidewalk when this orange HHR going by makes a funny POP. The car goes a little further, and the front driver's side wheel wobbles and comes off! It rolls across the street, and the car slams to the ground. A roughly 75 year old man gets out and starts yelling HELP! as his wheel rolls lazily to the far side of the four lane street before settling on the sidewalk. I run over to the man and ask if he's okay. He says, "Yeah, I was yelling help because nobody was stopping!" He was right. People were driving around him as wheel rolled away. We get his wheel and shut off his car, which seems like it still runs okay. The first thing I noticed was that the threads on the lugbolts were pristine. It almost looked as though there never were any lugnuts on the wheel! This guy was lucky, because he had just been on the interstate, and if that wheel had come off at 70 MPH, things would've been a lot uglier.

Anyway, he asks if I have a cell phone, because his is home on charge. I say sure, and he gives me a number to call. It's my sister, he says, but she won't answer. Tell her I'm in trouble on the answering machine and she'll answer. I do it, and then pass the phone. They get into a scuffle and she is apparently on her way.

The whole time, I've been unsure about this guy. I can't tell, but he seems drunk or crazy. He keeps saying these wild things, which are admittedly funny (forgotten most of them). Anyway, he says he has a blog where he makes up crazy stories like this, so no one's going to believe it really happened, and that he's a performer of some kind. So then I start realizing that maybe these wacky things he's saying are intentional. I wish I could remember some of them. So then some cops stop, run his license and all that. He comes back clean. This old man is joking around with the young cop that's talking. Asks him if he's just out of the academy, and was he about to go all Chuck Norris on him. Old man knew a lot about modern technology, talking about photoshopping and stuff. The stuff this guy said was great. I really was looking around for the hidden camera by the end there.

Well, today just got odd.

I was walking down the sidewalk when this orange HHR going by makes a funny POP. The car goes a little further, and the front driver's side wheel wobbles and comes off! It rolls across the street, and the car slams to the ground. A roughly 75 year old man gets out and starts yelling HELP! as his wheel rolls lazily to the far side of the four lane street before settling on the sidewalk. I run over to the man and ask if he's okay. He says, "Yeah, I was yelling help because nobody was stopping!" He was right. People were driving around him as wheel rolled away. We get his wheel and shut off his car, which seems like it still runs okay. The first thing I noticed was that the threads on the lugbolts were pristine. It almost looked as though there never were any lugnuts on the wheel! This guy was lucky, because he had just been on the interstate, and if that wheel had come off at 70 MPH, things would've been a lot uglier.

Anyway, he asks if I have a cell phone, because his is home on charge. I say sure, and he gives me a number to call. It's my sister, he says, but she won't answer. Tell her I'm in trouble on the answering machine and she'll answer. I do it, and then pass the phone. They get into a scuffle and she is apparently on her way.

The whole time, I've been unsure about this guy. I can't tell, but he seems drunk or crazy. He k,,eeps saying these wild things, which are admittedly funny (forgotten most of them). Anyway, he says he has a blog where he makes up crazy stories like this, so no one's going to believe it really happened, and that he's a performer of some kind. So then I start realizing that maybe these wacky things he's saying are intentional. I wish I could remember some of them. So then some cops stop, run his license and all that. He comes back clean. This old man is joking around with the young cop that's talking. Asks him if he's just out of the academy, and was he about to go all Chuck Norris on him. Old man knew a lot about modern technology, talking about photoshopping and stuff. The stuff this guy said was great. I really was looking around for the hidden camera by the end there.
....I just read a Chipmonk and a Lizard today and cleaned the toilets.