Necco lasted for 117 years.
I wonder why they sold?
(rummages)
Oh, they were bought by the same people who bought up Hostess and Pabst.

--Patrick

Did they just make mass quantities of those things when they were founded?

Some of those chalky disasters taste like they were 117 years old.

Last edited:
This may sound crazy, but I'm going to try it.

Ten days ago, I started writing a project I've been wanting to do. Right now I'm at 24k words, which is record time for me (thanks, shutdown!)

I've got a schedule situated, to do a chapter each morning and evening starting tomorrow, and then finish the rest of the book this weekend now that I've outlined and storyboarded it tonight. Might be another 30k? It's all first draft, so what happens will happen. I've never done it like this before; usually it takes me months to do a first draft because I write complicated plots, lots of sub-plots, 450 pages monstrosities, but for this short, simple "kids vs monster" book, it's been straightforward.

Wish me luck, 'cause first shift starts in 5 and a half hours! :D
How many pages are about oatmeal?

Zero, and I'm keeping it that way! But there is a disgusting meatball sub, stuffed with onions and garlic, drowned in hot mustard.

Yesterday and this morning have gone as planned, and now at 32k words. :)
I am very concerned about your lack of oatmeal, but interested in this meatball sub. Can we get a preview of the sub? Is it based on a real sub? How long is the sub? Is the mustard dijon or Republican?

I am very concerned about your lack of oatmeal, but interested in this meatball sub. Can we get a preview of the sub? Is it based on a real sub? How long is the sub? Is the mustard dijon or Republican?
I haven't gone into depth since it's a first draft; we'll have to see how deep this goes during revisions.

But dijon.

Cajungal

Staff member
Funny how many friends of mine who "don't get sucked into social media drama" and "choose positivity" and "don't think there's a point to protesting" are loudly banging the "boycott NFL" drum online right now.

I get it. The call (lack of a call) wasn't fair. You've just now realized the NFL is terrible, because I guess you're 8 years old? But I'm glad I have this bullshit in my back pocket for the next time someone tells me to calm down about something.

Funny how many friends of mine who "don't get sucked into social media drama" and "choose positivity" and "don't think there's a point to protesting" are loudly banging the "boycott NFL" drum online right now.

I get it. The call (lack of a call) wasn't fair. You've just now realized the NFL is terrible, because I guess you're 8 years old? But I'm glad I have this bullshit in my back pocket for the next time someone tells me to calm down about something.
Not the first time a big call has been blown in a big game. (Right, Don Denkinger?)