I'm cleaning up the apartment in the event we do move, much of which means parsing through Julie's piles of stuff to separate trash from treasure. And I mean literal trash, like old molted envelopes and food packages and stuff with bugs coming out.

But anyway, for the person who knows maybe a couple weeks a year, this is the yarn I've gathered from various parts of the apartment:

IMG_20180902_074846.jpg
The little dot is a quarter, for scale.

I really shouldn't watch F1 & read HalForums at the same time. The left hand side of the TV shows everyone's current position in the race but refers to all the drivers by the first three letters of their last name & Pierre Gasly keeps confusing me for a split second.

I'm cleaning up the apartment in the event we do move, much of which means parsing through Julie's piles of stuff to separate trash from treasure. And I mean literal trash, like old molted envelopes and food packages and stuff with bugs coming out.

But anyway, for the person who knows maybe a couple weeks a year, this is the yarn I've gathered from various parts of the apartment:

View attachment 27524
The little dot is a quarter, for scale.
That looks and sounds exactly like what I went through with our last move. Luckily, I think I managed to leave most of the actual garbage - empty envelopes, coffee cups from decades ago, moldy stuff - and more yarn, fabric, and old costume pieces than you can shake a stick at.

That looks and sounds exactly like what I went through with our last move. Luckily, I think I managed to leave most of the actual garbage - empty envelopes, coffee cups from decades ago, moldy stuff - and more yarn, fabric, and old costume pieces than you can shake a stick at.
I found more. :(

There's a box of statuettes Julie's grandmother keeps giving her. Julie doesn't like them, but would feel bad to get rid of them, even though her grandmother will never visit us and would be mortified by Julie's altar to Hecate.

She will never decorate an area with these, never open the box to look at them, only to put a new one inside, but we will keep this box of them until it becomes vendor trash for the RPG party that finds our dungeon and slays us.

Making fun of bananas?
Are you
<banana stare>

...oh right. Manga.

It actually works in both directions, but the intimation noticeably changes.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I just nearly shot water out of my nose.

I was talking on the phone to a sales executive in our company, who is having trouble getting the audio for a commercial we're supposed to be running for a local car dealership starting tomorrow. I was casually taking a sip of water while she (a prim grandmother in her mid 50s) came right out and said "We may just have to keep running the old spot, I've done every last thing I can do to get a new spot from (the client) aside from go down there myself and jerk the guy off."

Ahh radio, every day is something new.

Aaallllllthooough....shouldn't it be Mr. Z giving the stink-eye? I mean, the demonic horns and the crazed expression does feel like a natural fit for me. I see why you'd go there.;)

Hulu sent me an email telling me that the Showtime add-on that I'm paying for (which I wasn't paying for) was about to go up in price (to match what you would pay if you bought directly from Showtime), causing me to log in to my account and ensure that I hadn't accidentally signed up for Showtime. Jokes on them though, now I still don't have Showtime, but I also don't have Hulu (there's nothing on that I can't watch on TV).

If it works like the Outbound trackbar, you roll it back and forth to move up and down, but you slide the entire bar left and right to glide the cursor like one of those button mice you find between the GHB keys on some laptops.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
If it works like the Outbound trackbar, you roll it back and forth to move up and down, but you slide the entire bar left and right to glide the cursor like one of those button mice you find between the GHB keys on some laptops.
For those who have never seen one:

Outbound made Macintosh clones back during the Mac System 6 era, I think, during a brief time when Apple allowed third parties to make computers that ran Mac OS. The trackbar worked pretty well, though the rollermouse looks like it makes a number of improvements over it.

All right HFers, who wants to be my new best friend and do some shopping for my daughter for me? :p

https://comicbook.com/anime/2018/09/05/my-hero-academia-pop-up-stores-us-special-kinokuniya/
Oh, I recognize the NJ one! That's the Mitsuwa shopping center. It's, maybe, 5 minutes from my mother-in-law's place.

I can't make any promises because Li'l Z has soccer and his school's fall festival earlier that day. Maybe as we get closer I can see if it's feasible. It might be tricky since it's almost an hour away from here.

Every one I've ever talked to seems happy working for the company. Only complaints I've ever heard are about working with some of the other employees.

--Patrick
I imagine that now you can add "dealing with shitty people who think this job is beneath everyone," to the list - or maybe more succinct and topical, "people who think posting pictures of us doing our jobs on social media is hilarious."