Last night I was looking at stuff on Amazon. I clicked on Your Recommendations and was kind of shocked at one of the listings. The description said it was a rod, paddle and leash. It was all black latex kind of stuff, too. My first thought was that I haven't looked for kink toys on Amazon. WTF.

Then I realized it was equipment for fishing from a SUP or kayak. :oops:

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night I was looking at stuff on Amazon. I clicked on Your Recommendations and was kind of shocked at one of the listings. The description said it was a rod, paddle and leash. It was all black latex kind of stuff, too. My first thought was that I haven't looked for kink toys on Amazon. WTF.

Then I realized it was equipment for fishing from a SUP or kayak. :oops:
You don't need to deny or be ashamed of your inner self, 'Sabi.

wasabidom.jpg

fade

Staff member
I wish charities would stop trying to sell me on how many cents a day their requested donation is. Unless you are setting me up on a daily payment plan, all that matters is the number on the check I'm writing.

Note to self: set up charity with daily payment plan.

fade

Staff member
Ah I'm adding something to my list of genie wishes.

To have one character in all sitcoms become aware in-universe of the laugh track.

"Don't you hear that?!"

There's Company becomes a dark introspective into Jack's slow decent into madness.

There never were girls. Just Mr Furley

GasBandit

Staff member

To have one character in all sitcoms become aware in-universe of the laugh track.

"Don't you hear that?!"

There's Company becomes a dark introspective into Jack's slow decent into madness.

"Don't you hear that?!"

You're not getting enough oxygen to your brain, are you?

I'm having trouble sleeping lately so I've been watching old Grey's Anatomy episodes. Holy crap they're so sad. They either have gotten less sad over time, or I've gotten immune. Those early ones still get me though.

The kids don't know how to respond when they walk in and I'm sobbing over a tv show. That I've watched before.[DOUBLEPOST=1513080966,1513080896][/DOUBLEPOST]Also...

IMG_1377.jpg

Soooo... so much for Patreon being a thing.

Everybody's mad as hell they've decided to change their fee structure in a way that fucks over everybody that relies on small-scale donations, but benefits those whose patrons drop big bucks.

https://www.pretty-terrible.com/funny-money-patreon-style/

What it does, is it changes its old variable transaction fee to a "standard" 2.9% plus $0.35. Which is great if your patrons are chipping in $10-20 bucks a month, but a knife in the gut if most of your patrons are ponying up $1-2.

Seems there are a lot more people using Patreon who rely on lots of people pledging a little.

X

Guess enough people complained, as they've dropped the plan.

Kurtz has a patreon? My god.

Though the system does allow smaller creators I like to stay financially solvent so I'm glad it's good for them. Unfortunately, they probably all lost a lot of money from this debacle.

At the kid's concert today, there was an older baby squalling super loudly during the first two songs. They were in the row right behind me and a few seats over. The teacher running the show stopped the show after those first two songs and asked sort of generally for the parents of the crying baby to step out of the room with the them until the baby stopped crying.

They ignored them and the teacher asked a few more times until it was clear that they were either oblivious or ignorant. The teacher walked right over to them and kicked them out. The mother was super bitchy with the teacher and stomped out. Just to return less than a minute later and the screaming baby drowned out singing kids again.

The teacher went right over to them after that and I didn't hear the baby again.

At the kid's concert today, there was an older baby squalling super loudly during the first two songs. They were in the row right behind me and a few seats over. The teacher running the show stopped the show after those first two songs and asked sort of generally for the parents of the crying baby to step out of the room with the them until the baby stopped crying.

They ignored them and the teacher asked a few more times until it was clear that they were either oblivious or ignorant. The teacher walked right over to them and kicked them out. The mother was super bitchy with the teacher and stomped out. Just to return less than a minute later and the screaming baby drowned out singing kids again.

The teacher went right over to them after that and I didn't hear the baby again.
TIL one of the teachers at Squidleybits' school is a Cylon.

There are certain places where people just have to deal with crying babies, but a concert is not one of them.

I was in a seat facing the stage lol....I doubt the teacher ate them both. I just didn't see what happened.[DOUBLEPOST=1513349284,1513349068][/DOUBLEPOST]
There are certain places where people just have to deal with crying babies, but a concert is not one of them.
What blew my mind was that they were asked nicely to step out like four or five times and the teacher didn't single them out or anything and they didn't move at all. I'm sure that the teacher didn't want to make a scene either.

fade

Staff member
People heap praise on One Punch Man, and it's a fun watch/read, sure. I just liked it better when it was called The Tick.