Man, I just sat here and ripped the longest, most silent fart of my life. Like at least 20 seconds of rumbling, warm, not audible flatulence.

It smells so bad. Like the whole room is engulfed in the smell of a dead cow carcass.

Last edited:
Man, I just sat here and ripped the longest, most silent fart of my life. Like at least 20 seconds of rumbling, warm, not audible flatulence.

It smells so bad. Like the whole room is engulfed in the smell of a dead cow carcass.
...you're a little proud, though, aren't you?

fade

Staff member
This morning, I googled "highest office in Spain", and it gave me both answers. It told me the Prime Minister, and the height from street level of the literally highest office in Spain. That's actually impressive.

Dave

Staff member

Whenever I do that - even if in the middle of the desert - that is the time when someone else comes in the room.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sooo, I just found out that Underling #1's boyfriend is going to work here in sales... and today is his first day.

I have a hard time thinking this is going to work out well, given how often traffic and sales are at loggerheads.

Dave

Staff member
Tomorrow about noon this will turn either into an Epic Win topic or stay here in the Random Crap thread. We made a bid on a house. The seller came back with a counter-offer that we could live with. We put in a final formal offer that exactly meets what we'd negotiated. SO tomorrow noon we'll either have a yes on the house or a no deal that will be the end of that one. Cross your fingers! (No, it's not the same house I linked before.)

My supervisor asked me to look over a certain legal document from a client, and check for potential pitfalls. That's the boring part. The interesting part is that the paper the document was printed on was positively saturated with the aroma of perfume. Like, the smell is now all over my hands, and I held the document for less than three minutes.

I have no idea whose perfume it is, since this thing has changed hands several times. But I am genuinely curious who's wearing so much perfume that it managed to permeate the paper so thoroughly.

Whelp, time to go around smelling all my coworkers.

Yesterday at work I had to update the SSL for a website I have to manage. Shortly after I did, the website went down. I spend the next half hour freaking out and trying to find out what i I did wrong before I realized that completely coincidentally at the exact same time, Microsoft hosting broke all over the US.

Not a whine because it wasn't my fault but somewhat amusing.

Yesterday at work I had to update the SSL for a website I have to manage. Shortly after I did, the website went down. I spend the next half hour freaking out and trying to find out what i I did wrong before I realized that completely coincidentally at the exact same time, Microsoft hosting broke all over the US.

Not a whine because it wasn't my fault but somewhat amusing.
Yeah, it wasn't just you. The Internet took a collective dump yesterday thanks to Level3.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Tomorrow about noon this will turn either into an Epic Win topic or stay here in the Random Crap thread. We made a bid on a house. The seller came back with a counter-offer that we could live with. We put in a final formal offer that exactly meets what we'd negotiated. SO tomorrow noon we'll either have a yes on the house or a no deal that will be the end of that one. Cross your fingers! (No, it's not the same house I linked before.)
Epic win. Got the house.

Dave

Staff member
Makes more sense to do it at the old place. At least if we trash that, it's SEP.
Nah. Our current landlord is kind of a slum lord. He'd take us court and shit for even perceived damages.

But yeah, if you're in the area, stop on by!

Whelp, time to go around smelling all my coworkers.
SMELLING PROGRAMMERS IS NOT DEFINED BY FRIEND COMPUTER. YOU ARE ACTING OUTSIDE OF PROTOCOLS. YOU HAVE MADE TROUBLE FOR FRIEND COMPUTER. YOU ARE A TROUBLE MAKER. TROUBLESHOOTER SHOOT THE TROUBLE MAKER.

I wish I was rich enough to be so dumb with my money.

I mean, I am already rather dumb with my money, but I wish I was rich enough to be that dumb with my money.

I wish I was rich enough to be so dumb with my money.

I mean, I am already rather dumb with my money, but I wish I was rich enough to be that dumb with my money.
Yeah but when you finally do get that rich, then you'll start wishing you were so rich that other people could be that dumb with your money.

...btw I might volunteer to be one of those people, should it ever happen.

--Patrick