But people, especially young people, aren't watching tv anymore. The cellphone is the new tv, and television is now the radio.
Disney generally airs it's classic animation stuff during it's Disney Jr. block, for really young kids staying home. It knows what it's doing in that regard; a primetime airing is a special event and mostly for things like Frozen during the winter months and such, but it can show it's older stuff during Disney Jr. and know that it's getting a captive audience that'll probably grow to enjoy these works, at least nostalgically.

Remember; some kids are too young to be handed a tablet with something on it to watch, ether because they'll break it or they don't understand how to use it. There are also kids who don't have access to streaming tech (My mother has a class room of 30+ kids who don't) ether because of financial reasons or they just plain can't get anything faster than dial-up at home. There are all kinds of reasons why TV and DVD might be their primary viewing method.

Many many jokes incoming: Amazon Warehouse Deal Bonus: 65 Pounds of Marijuana
The original story seems to come from Orlando television station WFTV. An unidentified woman and her fiancé ordered 27-gallon containers from Amazon Warehouse Deals, which the company advertises as "great deals on quality used products."

When the totes came in, they were suspiciously heavy at 93.5 pounds. Those bins clearly had something stashed inside. Upon opening the packages and lids, the odor was clear.

It's a funny/not funny story. The couple called the police (the first officer on the scene was apparently stunned) and so now had to explain how they might have that much illegal material in their home. Would you believe that Amazon had "accidentally" shipped out enough dried plant material to keep a dorm full of stoners ridiculously happy for a week?

The worries didn't stop there. The couple was afraid that someone had somehow figured out where their product had gone and would break in, so they slept elsewhere for a number of nights.

Dave

Staff member
65 pounds of marijuana? That's insane? Why would anyone ever need 55 pounds of marijuana? I mean, I turned all 40 pounds into the police but they weren't sure what to do with the 30 pounds of stuff!

Something I saw on Twitter today:

"Your indie band name is your high school sport/organization/event/team and a part of the human body that begins with the same letter as your first name."

WHAT'S UP EVERYBODY WE ARE SHOTPUT JUGULAR! AND A ONE TWO THREE FOUR...

(harmful noises)
Stateliner Spleen

"Your indie band name is your high school sport/organization/event/team and a part of the human body that begins with the same letter as your first name."

(harmful noises)

Y'all sure ain't no Track Jaw.

Dave

Staff member
Given the allegations against Louis CK, he might not be the best role model...
I hadn't heard anything about that. TO GOOGLE![DOUBLEPOST=1508793474,1508793140][/DOUBLEPOST]Just read about it. Nothing solid, nothing more than rumors. Yes, I know the same was said about others - Weinstein and Cosby spring immediately to mind - but these insinuations don't make them true.

fade

Staff member
Given the allegations against Louis CK, he might not be the best role model...
From what I understand, the person (Jen Kirkman) who was thought to be accusing Louis CK said she was not talking about him. She originally gave no name, but the description lined up with some other Louis CK rumors, so people put 2 and 2 together. But then she said specifically she wasn't talking about CK.

Aside from the sexual assault rumors (some say Jen Kirkman, others say Pamela Adlon), it's been widely circulated that Louis CK will have female comics or comedy writers invited to his dressing room or the green room when they're on tour, and will basically start jerking off when they arrive so that they are sure to see him masturbating.

(harmful noises)
Panther ... diaphragm

(harmful noises)
Marching Lung!

I feel like that would be in Scott Pilgrim.

I also hate the concept behind the "Internet of Things." You remember that ridiculous juice press in the other thread? Poster child.
I think it has its places. Being able to control your lights and heat remotely could come in handy. But yes, not everything needs to be hooked up to the internet. The Juicero was a solution looking for a problem.

Suicide Ribs? I dunno, sounds more like a dinner specialty to me.

And yes, because my school was the Saint Ursula Institute, abbreviated to SUI, the student council and debate team and such used SUIcide as their name. I didn't invent it.

(harmful noises)
Kendo Anus? :Leyla:

Hmm... let's switch to Kendo Arm instead. Or Kendo Ankle. Or Kendo Artery.

Actually, why the hell did my brain go to "anus" first?

(harmful noises)
Yeah, we're French Labia. We hate being labeled as indie because that isn't the branding we're looking for. Our style is more like a meeting of noir and post-industrial performance art with some jazz roots. We're probably going to be a this year's Lilith Fair, but I think it's gotten too commercial for our target audience.