Watching live NPB baseball... Giants @ Carp. The audience for the channel broadcasting the game must skew old. All the ads are for supplements for seniors.

fade

Staff member
Wait what, those are Klingons?[DOUBLEPOST=1506303306,1506302719][/DOUBLEPOST]Funny enough, my wife who doesn't like star trek recognized them as Klingons right away.

Yeah, don't see the point in a pilot episode that doesn't have the titular ship or her captain in it. Didn't make me want to pay for access to the next episode.

Ok, no. That's not a Klingon. Even if they don't have the rights to the traditional designs, that's too far removed for me. This just put the show firmly in the NOPE file.
Why wouldn't they have the rights? They just decided to change how they look, which isn't the first, second, or even third time that the Klingons have been redesigned. Though, from what I've heard, you're not missing much by not watching it, the reviews haven't been great.

The design looks very similar to what JJ Abrams went with in the alternate timeline movieverse

Why wouldn't they have the rights? They just decided to change how they look, which isn't the first, second, or even third time that the Klingons have been redesigned. Though, from what I've heard, you're not missing much by not watching it, the reviews haven't been great.

The design looks very similar to what JJ Abrams went with in the alternate timeline movieverse

I meant not having the rights to the design I'd grown used to, per the Paramount/Viacom/CBS split. I haven't seen the new movies beyond the first one, so I can't judge that new Klingon design.

fade

Staff member

I don't know man...this looks pretty different to me. Make him blue, give him ridges all over his entire body and pointy lizard like features over his entire face.

I don't have a huge issue with a redesign...I was just more surprised.

I took the morning off today to go to the dentist. Yesterday, before I left work, I made sure to let everybody relevant know that I wouldn't be in this morning.

I came in just after noon and saw these messages in our internal messaging system.

Supervisor (08:45): Hey bhamv, I'm assigning you an editing case due at noon.
Supervisor (08:56): Bhamv? Did you get that message?
Fellow editor (08:56): He's at the dentist.
Supervisor (08:57): Oh yeah...

Supervisor (09:19): Hey bhamv, there's a video transcription I need you to check ASAP, because it needs to go to the subtitle translator soon.
Supervisor (09:50): Bhamv? The video transcript? Did you check it?
Fellow editor (09:51): He's at the dentist.
Supervisor (09:51): Oh yeah...

Supervisor (11:30): Bhamv, I need you to look through these contracts from a new client, check if there are any legal pitfalls we need to watch out for.
Supervisor (11:33): Bhamv?
Supervisor (11:34): Oh yeah, dentist.

In my supervisor's defense, she's also exceedingly overworked since she has a crazy wide range of duties. Also she's hot.

I'm such a tool. I broke my rule and joined Reddit. I really wanted to work on my Pokemon Safari.

What is up with the posting rules? This forum is meant to be about changing friend codes so why on earth can we only post every 8 minutes?? And we can't post without "flair" and we can't do this or that etc etc

omg...

I'm such a tool. I broke my rule and joined Reddit. I really wanted to work on my Pokemon Safari.

What is up with the posting rules? This forum is meant to be about changing friend codes so why on earth can we only post every 8 minutes?? And we can't post without "flair" and we can't do this or that etc etc

omg...
A lot of it's to do with combating spambots and shitposts. Some subreddits have more of a laissez-faire attitude, which results in a more chaotic and less useful experience. The more stringently moderated subreddits tend to be less user-friendly to start out, but the quality of the content is better.

For example, /r/asoiaf is a more heavily-moderated subreddit for discussions on ASOIAF and Game of Thrones, while /r/freefolk is almost entirely unmoderated. The former has discussions and other content, while the latter is filled with low-effort memes and shitposts (which, admittedly, can be pretty funny at times).

omg...

You fool!

A lot of it's to do with combating spambots and shitposts. Some subreddits have more of a laissez-faire attitude, which results in a more chaotic and less useful experience. The more stringently moderated subreddits tend to be less user-friendly to start out, but the quality of the content is better.

For example, /r/asoiaf is a more heavily-moderated subreddit for discussions on ASOIAF and Game of Thrones, while /r/freefolk is almost entirely unmoderated. The former has discussions and other content, while the latter is filled with low-effort memes and shitposts (which, admittedly, can be pretty funny at times).
It's just super frustrating. We can't exchange friend codes and be in game at the same time to unlock our third Pokemon with each other if we have to wait so long in between posts. I just got this message "You're doing that too much. Try again in 9 minutes. Ridiculous in a forum where the only thing we are allowed to do is type "I've added your friend code." It's a spam board lol. It has no other purpose :)[DOUBLEPOST=1506429687,1506429620][/DOUBLEPOST]I am curious to know the difference between a regular Pokemon trade vs a casual or relaxed one? I forget the name of the fourth type.

fade

Staff member
I never know what goes through someone's mind. How have they made it this far in life without understanding that that is in no way appealing?

I never know what goes through someone's mind. How have they made it this far in life without understanding that that is in no way appealing?
Eh, I bet if you put some thought into it you could come up with a dozen reasons someone might try this tactic.

- For some maybe it's like gambling. If you never win, well, maybe the next win is just around the corner. If you win once, you'll keep doing it over and over again because it worked once so it's bound to work again.
- There's likely a non-zero percentage of women who do find this approach arousing, and if you're only interested in reaching those women, then this is probably the correct approach.
- What do they have to lose? If it doesn't work, then they're no worse off than they were before.

What needs to happen is some sort of law similar to the exposure laws that prevent this sort of thing in public.

https://www.gadgette.com/2015/08/14/finally-the-police-are-taking-unsolicited-dick-pics-seriously/ (pictures of marble statues and rock outcroppings)

The article suggesting finding their mother and sending them a note about it seems a reasonable course of action while the legislators catch up. I found the article about the woman who simply responded with dozens of dick pics hilarious, but that'd require one to find, select, and send them on their phone which probably won't work out for many women.

I'd suggest simply texting back, "That's a terrible thing to do to me, I'm blocking you and don't want you to contact me in any way ever again."

Eventually these guys have got to understand that this is a form of abuse or bullying at minimum, and possibly sexual assault. Imagine the trauma a rape victim might feel receiving such an image.

Don't give them an inch. Not now, not ever.

Just removed a "friend" on Steam. A kid I gamed a bit with on TF2. I mentioned I hadn't been around much lately because of my yoga teacher training. He "joked" that yoga was "stupid" and "just girls trying not to fart."

That's not someone I want to associate with. He even said something along the lines of "I don't mean to disrespect" and then continued insulting yoga.