Just getting the first little rain in our area from Harvey. I'm just amazed how many seem to be preparing for doomsday around here. We're getting rain, possibly several inches, but just rain. No damaging winds, probably less severe overall than a strong spring thunderstorm where we get up to 60-70mph winds with rain and lightning.

In the downtown festival area (between River St(N) and Liberty St(S), and MLK Blvd (W) and E Broad (E). During St Pats, the open container area is expanded to Forsyth Park (S).

You can have a SINGLE cup of alcohol (think a red Solo cup), no cans or bottles.
You didn't clear up the question of mayo.

Local Little League team is currently playing in the US Championship game at the Little League World Series. Southwest representative team from Lufkin, Tx.

Now, still watching game, I'm also following a facebook thread where locals are bitching about one of the weekend weatergals interrupting the game for a tornado warning message, and causing the local watching audience to miss the first 2 runs of the game scored by the local boys. I don't think any of them would have minded as much if she had got on (or preferably used a split screen) said her stuff and got off the air, but she droned on using "warning" and "watch" interchangeably and going "uhmmm" and "uhmmm" many, many times.

Dave

Staff member
Our team won the US Championship and will play tomorrow afternoon for the LLWS Championship against Japan. It was one heck of a game, proud of both teams that were in it.
I found out in my trip that my nephew had played in the LLWS championship but lost to Taiwan. Crazy how many teams they had to beat to get there.

We had a performance review meeting this morning for our hot female intern. Also in the meeting was my hot female supervisor.

I don't recall exactly what was said during the meeting, but according to my notes, the hot female intern left the meeting with an "outstanding" in every evaluation category.

A lengthy article showing how youtube has been digging its own grave progressively deeper, and content creators are being driven away.
There was a time I lamented the fact that I never started up my own YouTube channel.
That time is in the past.
Now there are just times I lament that I didn't rip something from YouTube when I had the chance, because it got removed/taken down and has never been seen since.

--Patrick

Last edited: