Before you get excited, I'm not back. Just passing through. I'm still in grad school, doing practicum (unpaid internship), now I'm working for the summer as a case manager on top of taking care of kids and keeping up with Mr. Wasabi's ridiculous schedule.

Hope you all are well.
I'll take a just passing though. *waves* :D

Twice today, for no apparent reason, at completely different times, birds committed suicide by dive-bombing into my windshield on the freeway.

It's never happened to me before.
Last year in the Fall, within 1 week's time, I got to watch 2 separate animals get run over by other vehicles (i.e., not me) on my way to work, which was more than I'd seen in the previous ten years combined.

Random is random.

--Patrick

Heh, nah.

Sometimes when we translate something for a client, they'll send us Chinese and English versions of similar documents, for reference. For example, if we're translating a client's 2016 annual report, then they might send us the Chinese and English versions of their 2015 annual report for reference, since a lot of the content will probably be quite similar.

We can take the Chinese and English versions of a document and create what's called a translation memory (TM), which is basically a database of corresponding Chinese and English segments. This allows our translation software to conduct lookups on the past translation, which can help us on future translations.

I was just asked to look at a client's 2015 annual reports, and evaluate whether the Chinese and English versions are of sufficient quality to turn into a TM. I said yes, the quality is good enough for us to us as a reference. The TM team is now cursing me for saying yes, because now they have to go through hundreds of pages of pdf files, and convert the contents into a TM. :D

Dave

Staff member
So an Instagram "model" goes to Reddit and posts a picture on /r/RoastMe, probably thinking that she's so hot nobody will be able to say anything. Instead she got this:

Your implants and cry for attention on here only highlight what you and everyone else already suspect... you are insecure.

Likely your insecurity stems from always questioning if you really ever earned anything by merit. Most people probably hand you things because they like looking at you. But that's made you vapid, shallow, and unable to perform in any way that adds true value in the world.

Your relationships are superficial. Your romance life always has the shadow of doubt. Does he love you... or how you look? If you were disfigured, would anyone give you a second glance based on personality?

That nagging feeling will keep you looking for validation. It keeps you in the gym. It makes you post photos online looking for praise or positive attention. It keeps you going back for a nip here and tuck there. Before long you'll look like Donatella Versace with the personality of one of her handbags.

You'll shift from being the center of attention to being part of a gaggle of women who make rude comments about younger girls because you feel jealous and rude comments about men who no longer pay attention to you.

You'd be better served working on being a better person than hunting for attention on Reddit, but you'll likely die young and your grave will be about as shallow as your personality.
She deleted her account and fled the site.[DOUBLEPOST=1494470206,1494470166][/DOUBLEPOST]
So, dad's got prostate cancer. Prognosis group V (least favorable).

Today can go fuck itself.
So sorry, man. It can, indeed, fuck itself.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh man, last night I was apparently so tired that when I dragged my ass in the house at 8pm and flopped onto the couch, the next thing I remember is my cat waking me up this morning at feeding time. I slept the clock around.

So an Instagram "model" goes to Reddit and posts a picture on /r/RoastMe, probably thinking that she's so hot nobody will be able to say anything. Instead she got this:

She deleted her account and fled the site.
That treatment is the true meaning of "there are no girls on the internet."

Before you get excited, I'm not back. Just passing through. I'm still in grad school, doing practicum (unpaid internship), now I'm working for the summer as a case manager on top of taking care of kids and keeping up with Mr. Wasabi's ridiculous schedule.

Hope you all are well.
Welcome back!! Even if it is for a quick visit :)

Sorry if that rating shows up, @Eriol . I'm on my phone and my fingers are fat jerks who can't press the right part of a screen.

(And if you saw how many typos I just made trying to post this, you'd know I'm telling the truth.)