Dave

Staff member
This is what I came home to today. It's a squirrel on my front porch eating a slice of pizza.

2017-03-07 17.10.38.jpg

You get squirrels eating pizza, I came home yesterday and today to the sound of spring peepers.
They are going to be rather unpleasantly surprised over the next week.

--Patrick

A coworker cut flour out of his diet. He said that he was eating more potatoes and starchy vegetables to make up for giving up white bread and flour tortillas. I asked him why he was still eating starch when he is cutting bread. He said that he was practicing making sacrifices before starting to cut sugar from his diet. Then he mentioned that he has been eating more Wheat Bread...

"Don't you know that Wheat Bread is made from flour?"

"No, it is made from wheat."

:facepalm:

I wonder what that means for The Source which is what Radio Shack became here. I've always wondered how the local Source stayed open with bad hours, bad prices, stunned staff and uneciting inventory.

A coworker cut flour out of his diet. He said that he was eating more potatoes and starchy vegetables to make up for giving up white bread and flour tortillas. I asked him why he was still eating starch when he is cutting bread. He said that he was practicing making sacrifices before starting to cut sugar from his diet. Then he mentioned that he has been eating more Wheat Bread...

"Don't you know that Wheat Bread is made from flour?"

"No, it is made from wheat."

:facepalm:
It's funny, but I do gotta point out I think he's trying to cut out the bleached flour (or whatever it is you call that stuff).

I wonder what that means for The Source which is what Radio Shack became here. I've always wondered how the local Source stayed open with bad hours, bad prices, stunned staff and uneciting inventory.
They were buoyed by Sprint.
We have a local place that was a franchise of Radio Shack, sort of like how a gas station will also be a Subway.
They changed their "second half" to Steren, which, when I asked, they explained is the Mexican operating name of what used to be Radio Shack here in the USA.

--Patrick

Just walked past 3 offices in a row.

The first Developer had a very concentrated expression, thinking "If I find the perfect one-liner to fix this code, and I'll never have to see it again."
The second Developer was back in his chair, semi-blank expression of incredulity, "I have no fucking idea what this code/person is trying to do here."
The third Developer was frantically typing with an intense stare, "I will wrestle this code/person/email down and be victorious, FOR GREAT JUSTICE!"

I know it sounds like a joke, but seriously, this is what I saw. Or maybe that's just what I thought I saw. Either way, funny.

Inside the same room as the screen?
I thought the Baby Movies with microwaves, excersaucers, change tables and toys were bad enough...

I loved them though when I was on mat leave. Most of the movies were pretty kid friendly and/or Disney so a lot of the mothers brought a whole brood of kids to them. One week they played the Hangover. I nearly died when the movie finished and I saw how many kids were in the theatre who were plenty old enough to understand what they had just seen!

Dave

Staff member
I just found out today that there's another Big Bang Theory pilot that never made it on the air. It's pretty interesting. There's a lot the same from the aired pilot but there are some major differences as well.
  • No Penny. Instead there's a homeless girl named "Kate" (or something like that). She's kind of a bitch.
  • Sheldon likes girls and has had sex.
  • Instead of Howard and Raj they have a female friend named "Gerta". Gerta likes Leonard and proposes that they take their friendship to the next level.
  • They live in a run-down apartment and are completely strapped for cash.
The link to the video is below.

http://anyfiles.pl/videos.jsp?id=78111

I thought Babymetal was the most Japanese thing, until I ran across this video of an official prefectural mascot doing a drum cover of Babymetal in Babymetal cosplay.

Apparently the mascot's schtick is doing metal drumming, all in the name of bringing attention to tsunami-ravaged Aomori prefecture.

Bonus metalcore cover:

So, I don't know if this is true for everyone, because fast food places like to do a lot of A/B testing these days. But in my area, they now have 3 sizes of Big Mac: The Jr, the Big Mac, and the Grand Mac.

So, I thought I'd try the Grand Mac...it's a bigger bun, and two quarter pound patties, but essentially a big mac in all other regards. I was hungry, so I tried to eat it in the car. Big mistake. The bun is too flimsy to support the burger. So, there was no way to eat it by holding the burger with my fingertips--I had to wrap my hand around it like I was palming a basketball.

Still, it was very tasty. But when I was done, I had a thick smear of Secret Sauce on my palms and fingers like I had a handful of McJizz. That's when I remembered that my local McDonalds only gives out napkins or ketchup on request. After the previous visual I'd given myself, it made licking my palm clean feel a little weird.

fade

Staff member
So, I don't know if this is true for everyone, because fast food places like to do a lot of A/B testing these days. But in my area, they now have 3 sizes of Big Mac: The Jr, the Big Mac, and the Grand Mac.

So, I thought I'd try the Grand Mac...it's a bigger bun, and two quarter pound patties, but essentially a big mac in all other regards. I was hungry, so I tried to eat it in the car. Big mistake. The bun is too flimsy to support the burger. So, there was no way to eat it by holding the burger with my fingertips--I had to wrap my hand around it like I was palming a basketball.

Still, it was very tasty. But when I was done, I had a thick smear of Secret Sauce on my palms and fingers like I had a handful of McJizz. That's when I remembered that my local McDonalds only gives out napkins or ketchup on request. After the previous visual I'd given myself, it made licking my palm clean feel a little weird.
And now you know what happens when you give Grimace a hand job. And why he's called Grimace. Passing sweet pickle cubes ain't easy.

In my area, the Grand Mac is 2 x 1/3lb patties.
Also, I fasted on Tue for a Dr. appt on Wed, and when I was done I went to McDonalds to celebrate with a sausage/egg biscuit and hash brown (and if you want a demo of "delicious," go starve yourself for a day and then eat a toasted hot hash brown). I remembered to grab napkins because I know they don't include them, and when I got to the bottom of the bag...they had unexpectedly included napkins with my order.
I felt like such a Captain Planet villain.

--Patrick

Omg you've brought me back to the time I went to McDonalds with guys from my residence when Big Macs were on some crazy sale. McStuff was everywhere. I've never been able to look at a Big Mac again the same way. The thought of an even larger one is scary.[DOUBLEPOST=1489103419,1489103293][/DOUBLEPOST]My random! Look at these smushies!!!

Bah! Screw it. I can't post the picture. It's extension isn't the expected sort. Trust me, it was super cute poke-stuffies.