In the Netherlands, Sprite Zero is being discontinued. Or, well, no. They're no longer selling regular Sprite. Instead, they're rebranding Sprite Zero to "Sprite".
UGH. I like Coke Zero, but really? Sprite Zero is an insult. Using it to replace Sprite is just plain wrong.

In the Netherlands, Sprite Zero is being discontinued. Or, well, no. They're no longer selling regular Sprite. Instead, they're rebranding Sprite Zero to "Sprite".
UGH. I like Coke Zero, but really? Sprite Zero is an insult. Using it to replace Sprite is just plain wrong.
That happened to Sierra Mist over here, too. It used to always be 100% sugar, but now it's been rebranded as "Sierra Mist Twist," which has been changed to whatever sweetener blend they put into their other drinks.

--Patrick

That happened to Sierra Mist over here, too. It used to always be 100% sugar, but now it's been rebranded as "Sierra Mist Twist," which has been changed to whatever sweetener blend they put into their other drinks.

--Patrick
Actually just Mist Twist, no Sierra.

I haven't had any regular or diet soda since December. I asked my dentist yesterday if the Perrier or La Croix were okay, and he said yes. Win! :D

Actually just not-gonna-buy-it-any-more. Which is a shame, because I really liked the cranberry one.

--Patrick
Agreed. They tried to pass it off as a 'new blend for a younger generation' but really they just got rid of the only thing that made Sierra Mist unique, it's lack of high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners

I've still got the same internet package that I had before I moved, but, of course, new house, so new connection. I've struggled a bit to get everything set up the way I like it, but my "theoretical 200 Mbps but you're lucky to get 100" is now cruising along at 195 Mbps at pretty much all times. Being literally down the road from your ISP has its advantages. I just downloaded a gigabyte-sized update in under a minute from GOG. Fun.

I fell asleep watching TV this afternoon. I woke up gasping for breath. It seems my throat is a little tight and it filled with saliva/drainage, and I choked. I panicked because even after waking I could not breathe through my mouth, I had to calm down and force myself to use my nostrils. I don't know how long I was choking but my vision was swimming for about a minute.

I fell asleep watching TV this afternoon. I woke up gasping for breath. It seems my throat is a little tight and it filled with saliva/drainage, and I choked. I panicked because even after waking I could not breathe through my mouth, I had to calm down and force myself to use my nostrils. I don't know how long I was choking but my vision was swimming for about a minute.
Sounds like you narrowly missed dying of CO2 poisoning!

--Patrick

Unfortunately my acid reflux will do this to me while I sleep once in a while, and it sometimes will end up in my sinuses as well. Freaks me out every time.

Zappit

Staff member
I've had a couple days off from work thanks to nature deciding to take a snowy sledgehammer to the northeast, and I started messing around with a new art app. I created a couple panels for the next Supervillainous on it, doing the entire thing in vector art. It...actually looks pretty dang good and reduces smoothly in size.

Thing is, drawing the vector lines takes more time to get things right, is more limited in sizing and plain looking, and the tool occasionally gets a mind of its own.

Coloring also takes a ton more time. It looks sharp when I plug it into my strip builder app, but I seriously doubt I could maintain if I did a full switch.

So instead I'm drawing on a smaller canvas, which should reduce some of the distortion in the comic. Yes, I'm aware of it, and that's what started this whole venture. As a result, the next comic will look a bit off, as half is done with vector art and the other half is done with my old friend Artstudio.

fade

Staff member
I tried vector inking. Never liked it, mostly for the same reasons. It's slow (though that would probably improve with practice), and the result is the uncanny valley of drawing.

I've been on my new medication for about a week now. It's got some weird side effects:

- I haven't sweat all week
- bottled Diet Coke tastes hideous but the fountain crappy stuff from McDonald's tastes great
- I'm pretty much a zombie and awake for a few hours a day
- I have weird numbness in my good hand and my bad hand now

It's weird stuff.

Zappit

Staff member
I've been on my new medication for about a week now. It's got some weird side effects:

- I haven't sweat all week
- bottled Diet Coke tastes hideous but the fountain crappy stuff from McDonald's tastes great
- I'm pretty much a zombie and awake for a few hours a day
- I have weird numbness in my good hand and my bad hand now

It's weird stuff.
That is disturbing. You find that Diet Coke actually tastes good!?!

Cal your doctor now. Something seems seriously wrong there.