I mean, you can keep your posts, I'm not going to go in there. Or think any less of you. ;)

I just don't want to see it, personally.
its just a bunch of us staring at naked cosplayers, you have missed nothing, unless you like naked cosplayers, then feel free to join.

Did you know that if you overdose on Losartan, your blood pressure could drop like a rock - and you could end up as dehydrated as a lost miner in the middle of Death Valley?

I found out tonight. :(

Did you know that if you overdose on Losartan, your blood pressure could drop like a rock - and you could end up as dehydrated as a lost miner in the middle of Death Valley?

I get to make the second syncope reference in forever, and it's on the same day!

--Patrick

I did not know that. Perhaps mostly because I'd never heard of this Losertown before.

Last night, I cut off 11" of hair to donate to Locks of Love. I feel bald.[DOUBLEPOST=1444832708,1444832115][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Celt Z, is the "like" because I donated my hair or because I feel like a cue ball? ;)
It was for the donation, but if you like your new role of Imperator Furiosa, then it's both. :D

Well, @Officer_Charon since you don't have an AMA thread I have to ask here. if you pull someone over with military plates are you more inclined to give them a break on a ticket (unless attitude proves otherwise) or does it have no bearing?

example of plate:

GasBandit

Staff member
So I answer the phone (Because the underling isn't here natch) and there's a listener who wants to know the e-mail address of one of our Program Directors. No problem, I tell her. 20 mins later she calls back, it didn't go through. I make sure she's spelling everything correctly, letter by letter, and it goes well until I get to the domain part, and as soon as I say "at (our domain) dot com, that's spelled.." she cuts me off with "what? AT? Nobody said nothin' bout no AT! I didn't put the at!"

Really.

This day and age.

You didn't know that there's an @ in every. Single. Email address. That ever existed.

And I know for a fact I said "at" when I gave you the address when you called 20 minutes ago.

Jibbers crabst.

Unless they're a cop.
Alright I didn't want my question to turn into this. I was honestly just curious because I just got some plates for my car and bike (since the plates are only available for military). Sorry for any shitstorm I just started OC

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

.... Yes, professional courtesy does exist - I've had it extended to me.

That being said, again, the level of infraction dictates the action taken. If you're DUI, then sucks to be you, buddy. If you've got a heavy foot, you might just get a warning.

fade

Staff member
As I said before, my wife's a cop---with a lead foot. Believe me, professional courtesy exists, and she exercises it liberally. It honestly makes me a bit uncomfortable. But then again, I don't want to pay those tickets.

A coworker made repeated mention of the fact that she carried a card from her uncle that would get her out of tickets.
Never saw her use it, but I did see the card.

--Patrick

I only have my singular personal experience to draw from.

Something like a couple months ago, I got a veteran's plate. I'd been wanting to get one for a while, since I learned that Virginia custom plates are only $10, but it would require driving to the DMV to give them a copy of my DD-214 (military exit paperwork). For some reason, they couldn't/wouldn't use the DD-214 I already had on file when I got my veteran's ID card. Since the DMV is located in a completely different town (because I live in freaking Mayberry) and there's a long light between the two (seriously, like 10 minutes to get through) it just wasn't ever a big priority to get done.

Anyway, so I finally bit the bullet and did it, and got the plate. And then 2 weeks later, got pulled over for speeding for the first time since moving up here. The conversation went like this (paraphrased slightly).

Officer: "Morning, license and registration please."
Me: (gesturing toward glove box) "My registration's in the glove box, if that's ok"
O: "That's fine" (waits for me to retrieve documentation, looks it over).
"The reason I pulled you over was for doing 40 in a 30 I'll be right back." --I was going 43, totally my fault, and I knew it, so I nod.
(goes back to car, runs my plate/info for any warrants, etc, comes back) "So, are you a veteran?"
M: "I am."
O: "Thank you for your service. What branch?"
M: "Navy."
O: "Cool, one of my best friends was a Chief in the navy. I'm just going to write you a warning."
M: "Thank you very much."

Now, I can't say that my plate alone gave him reason to give me a warning, but it seems like it didn't hurt my chances. But I was also very cooperative, friendly, respectful, and polite. Had I been abrasive, rude, and uncooperative, I don't think any plate in the world would've saved me from the ticket. It seems likely that the plate added one more positive factor to the encounter, though.

Last edited: