86% humidity right now?! Where the hell did I teleport to in my sleep. [emoji14] At least it's only 60 degrees right now.

I think it was their stupid new virtual ram mechanics. It was a boost on newer computers, but it killed the older ones. I'm guessing they either quietly retired it, or instituted a hardware check.
I think they forgot that many people still have physical drives and not SSDs.
Also the "let me default to turning on whole-disk encryption for you" bit a lot of people who didn't realize what that was going to mean.

--Patrick

I still love my description on the Halforums wiki.

Whenever I change my avatar, I always go check the description with the new avi just to see what it looks like.

You just caused me to go look up myself on the wiki....Man, that hasn't changed in, what, 5 years? Pffft.

Damn frenchies responsible are probably too lazy and too busy eating cheese.

GasBandit

Staff member
I still think that the wiki itself is confusing Iaculus and Icarus.

It certainly doesn't get anything about me right.
The point of the wiki was that it is editable by anyone, and users were encouraged to flesh out their own entry. That's why when I created most of those entries, I filled them with random libelous falsehoods.

The point of the wiki was that it is editable by anyone, and users were encouraged to flesh out their own entry. That's why when I created most of those entries, I filled them with random libelous falsehoods.
That's why mine is just a short blurb about being a hobo, because I'm too lazy to go and edit it.

If I did, it would probably just say Mostly Harmless.

I'm never on the cutting edge of phones. Whenever I upgrade, I always upgrade to a model that's a year or two old and vastly cheaper than new phones. It's always like 1/3rd the price of getting something brand new.

For example, my Galaxy S3 was pretty beat up and it's battery was barely functional, so I decided to get a new phone and opted to get an LG G3. It was dirt cheap in comparison to newer phones and came with 150 dollar gift certificate to Best Buy. Then, one of my coworkers talks about getting an Iphone 6S Plus and how it cost like 5 times what my phone did.

Is it really worth it? It's a fuckin' phone.

I'm never on the cutting edge of phones. Whenever I upgrade, I always upgrade to a model that's a year or two old and vastly cheaper than new phones. It's always like 1/3rd the price of getting something brand new.

For example, my Galaxy S3 was pretty beat up and it's battery was barely functional, so I decided to get a new phone and opted to get an LG G3. It was dirt cheap in comparison to newer phones and came with 150 dollar gift certificate to Best Buy. Then, one of my coworkers talks about getting an Iphone 6S Plus and how it cost like 5 times what my phone did.

I'm still using my Galaxy S3.

My phone is the single thing that I own that I use the most. I want to have as good of one as possible (insert joke about me owning an iPhone here).

My iPhone4 just died (well I could not turn it on or off dependably,) and I waited for a few weeks for the 6's to price drop.

In 1999 when I was making mad tech bubble money, I bought a box of 500 pages of Avery mailing labels. It only cost me like $50 or $100. Which wasn't much at the time. I figured I'd eventually use them up.

There are 30 labels per page. That's 15000 labels. I've used them for mailing labels, return address labels, or, like today, homebrew labels. I use them every chance I get.

I'd like to say that FINALLY, 16 years later, that I was out of labels.

But I'm not. I still have a shitload. I'll probably have them til the day I die.

Less than a quarter of the ratings of the top-20 posters comes from me. People vastly exaggerate the amount of ratings I give. Pfuh.