Guys! It's mine and Pez's friendversary! Well, close enough, it was like a week ago, but still.

You can all go thank Pez now for luring me to stick around here. ;) Or go hate him, depending on how you feel about me.

Had to pick up my son from school about an hour after it started for the day because he was so pale he looked like he'd been out of the sun for a month, and complained of a tummy ache. Of course, within 20 minutes of getting home he was basically fine. I swear kids have this weird mental power that lets them be just sick enough to be sent home on days they don't want to be at school. (And I mean, I would have sent him home too if I was the school nurse, he really did look terrible when I picked him up)

GasBandit

Staff member
Had to pick up my son from school about an hour after it started for the day because he was so pale he looked like he'd been out of the sun for a month, and complained of a tummy ache. Of course, within 20 minutes of getting home he was basically fine. I swear kids have this weird mental power that lets them be just sick enough to be sent home on days they don't want to be at school. (And I mean, I would have sent him home too if I was the school nurse, he really did look terrible when I picked him up)
I used to be able to mentally work myself into vomiting, when I was in grade school. If I didn't want to be there, I'd puke in the hallway in front of 10 or 20 people.

Anyone have SiriusXM? I did an interview at Great Oaks comic con...and apparently Howard Stern had it on his show today, and one of his guys called me about it today. I am kinda freaking out.

I'm in the strange situation of being able to vomit on command BUT have a streak of > 35yrs when I haven't thrown up for anything (even rough seas).
Also I can raise my blood pressure/heart rate on command, but that's a less useful skill.

--Patrick

The last time I substituted in a prekindergarten class the emotional intelligence/self-control-based lesson for the day was about paying attention and being distracted. We had a boy and girl come to the front. The boy was going to read a book and the girl was going to distract him. The teacher told him he could start reading when he says, "I'm gonna frow up," and takes off for the bathroom. He never got sick, but he looked chalky. Took his temperature and it was close to 100. So he got sent home. I saw him at school the next day when I dropped off my kids. Later I saw his mom at the grocery store. I asked how he was doing. She told me when she got him home he was fine. No fever, no stomachache or nausea. He played the rest of the afternoon.

If they ever made holodeck technology I would eschew the obvious and totally give my self superpowers and relive every episode of the 1960's Spiderman cartoon in the same motif.

What was more hilarious is how much different he was in High School. Same accent and cussing, but he was seriously trying to be black...
Are you implying that you went to HS with him? or is there footage of his HS standup days?[DOUBLEPOST=1429800226,1429800112][/DOUBLEPOST]
I want to learn how to skateboard.
You and I are about the same age so you should have been exposed to all the skater stuff of the late 80s/early 90s. I skated all through junior high and until I was 16 and got a car.

Are you implying that you went to HS with him? or is there footage of his HS standup days?[DOUBLEPOST=1429800226,1429800112][/DOUBLEPOST]
You and I are about the same age so you should have been exposed to all the skater stuff of the late 80s/early 90s. I skated all through junior high and until I was 16 and got a car.
I went to HS with him. Stand up did not come until later. He was a body-builder, jerry-curled, ghetto-blasting, east texas twang speaking class clown.

fade

Staff member
I never could skate anywhere because I grew up in the country on a dirt road. The only pavement was my porch, and I think that would get really old really fast.