I was the guy scooting around on a board on my butt video taping everyone else's super sweet tricks. Never really learned how to skateboard properly.

fade

Staff member
I can rollerblade well. I do it a lot, in fact. But I hopped on my son's skateboard and immediately fell on my ass. Who would think that a wheeled board would just slide right out from under you?

Were all-terrain boards a thing in the 80s?
I remember seeing them in skate mags around '88, but I don't think anyone was selling them as a complete package (i.e. you would have to custom build it).[DOUBLEPOST=1429818899,1429818741][/DOUBLEPOST]
I was the guy scooting around on a board on my butt video taping everyone else's super sweet tricks. Never really learned how to skateboard properly.
I can't find our skate video we made after watching Shackle Me Not and Public Domain too many times. I wish I had it. I am sure it was super-dorky.[DOUBLEPOST=1429818934][/DOUBLEPOST]
Our back yard had the largest skateboard ramp in the state of Texas back in 1983. We even hosted a pro tour event.
Who came out?

Our back yard had the largest skateboard ramp in the state of Texas back in 1983. We even hosted a pro tour event.
I can't find any pic's of our ramp. But this is the video of the ramp we built at a friend's house after ours was torn down. My Bro is the skater that they show the first full run.

This is VERY 80's...

One of the pros is in the video.

Pbbt. You expect me to believe that's the 80s? Those guys were wearing pads and helmets.
Well after somebody landed on his bare knees and skidded over a nail that had popped up... EVERYONE WORE PADS.

Of course pads did not do my brother any good. He landed funny, and drove his elbow into his side and ruptured his spleen.[DOUBLEPOST=1429821184,1429820935][/DOUBLEPOST]

It is hard to believe that my brother became a Pro-Photographer...
this photo of a friend of our that died way too young. Scott Moser, he was pretty influential in skating, he was Pro but never really made it in the real money. He froze to death Hoboing in a boxcar.

My dad really enjoyed skateboarding, although he wasn't the "ramp and tricks", he just liked it to get around. I think it was just to tide him over until he could surf during the summer.

I ordered a patch on Amazon. The Post Office lost it for 2 weeks. I contacted the seller, they are sending me a new one... The original has just been delivered.

GasBandit

Staff member

It's exactly what you think it is.

The 4000 word short story is about the "smartwatch prototype that mysteriously arrives at the door" of one Christie Aackerlund. Finally, someone who had the creative chutzpah to ask "how does a watch pork a real live human being?"

As the author lists on their Amazon page, however, the story is "only for super mature people who can handle it."

Buy it here, if you dare

At first I was all "This is so dumb" but then I saw the chick on the cover has hair the color of peeled carrots. Then I was all "this is dumb and I need nudes of that chick."

From the author who brought you

And

It's exactly what you think it is.

The 4000 word short story is about the "smartwatch prototype that mysteriously arrives at the door" of one Christie Aackerlund. Finally, someone who had the creative chutzpah to ask "how does a watch pork a real live human being?"

As the author lists on their Amazon page, however, the story is "only for super mature people who can handle it."

Buy it here, if you dare

At first I was all "This is so dumb" but then I saw the chick on the cover has hair the color of peeled carrots. Then I was all "this is dumb and I need nudes of that chick."

From the author who brought you

And

Clippy: I see you're undressing. Would you like me to tap that?

GasBandit

Staff member

In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Louisiana State University . On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.

The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee, inspected the elephants foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it.

As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot. The elephant turned to face the man and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down.

The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man. Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.

The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly. Probably wasn't the same fucking elephant. This is for everyone who sends me those heart-warming bullshit stories.

In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Louisiana State University . On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air.

The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully. He got down on one knee, inspected the elephants foot, and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it.

As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot. The elephant turned to face the man and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments. Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled. Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned and walked away. Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son. As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing. The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down.

The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man. Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter could not help wondering if this was the same elephant. Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure. He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.

The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed him against the railing, killing him instantly. Probably wasn't the same fucking elephant. This is for everyone who sends me those heart-warming bullshit stories.
I was about to edit the ending, until I discovered there was no need to. Bravo, good sir.

fade

Staff member
Well, it was, but the piece of wood was given to the elephant by his dead son. He's been out to get that bastard Peter ever since.

I'm currently making my class write a really, really boring essay about the Renaissance as punishment for their bullshit. I'm hoping it gets their attention, but I doubt it. I'll be sure to tell the other classes I have during the day to point out how much more fun their activity was, compared to having to write an essay.

They must practice that a lot to be as in step as the original.
Also they sound like they could do a mean Glenn Yarbrough.

--Patrick

...Are you two using this thread as a way of relating to one another about what you need to buy in the store this evening, or as some sort of weird fetish determination game? :p