GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, autocorrected.
God, that autocorrect. There was one time I was using voice recognition to text a young lady of whom I was the dotted-line boss, trying to tell her she'd messed something up on a commercial she'd cut for Cricket Wireless. I said "Take a look at Cricket again when you get back and then come to my office" and the thing typed in "Take a lot of benadryl when you get back and then come to my office." Thank god I caught it before it sent.

Sometimes I see that two of my Facebook friends know each other, when they come from completely different parts of my life. So it feels like it's not possible for the two of them know each other. And I always want to ask how they know one another, but I'm afraid to.

It's really weird eh? No harm in asking as long as it's friendly. A former friend of mine (before the big explosion) used to creep my Facebook and if I commented on a mutual friends post I would have an inbox within 5 seconds "how do you know them? Tell me now??!!" That was disturbing.

Cajungal

Staff member
My 2.5 year old niece Charlie said the funniest thing this week. We were at my aunt's for a Christmas party, and it was getting late. Charlie was super delirious. So she's stumbling around with apple juice in one hand and a cookie in the other, and my aunt's dog Frankie passes by. She says, "Frankie, could you get me a blanket?" followed by a self-deprecating giggle and "oh, right! Frankie, you don't know anything..."

Funniest thing I've heard all year.

First day of work since Wednesday--I think these four days are the longest I've had off work in a row in years. I have no idea what we're doing now. Don't know the schedule, the deadline. I just can't remember, and I need to figure it out before I go in. I don't want to tell my manager that I don't know what we're doing because I honestly haven't devoted a single thought to that place since I left on Wednesday.

@Emrys so watching Harry Potter Marathon on Space today

Final movie end scene with little Potters going off to Hogwarts, little Potter has a doomweasal instead of an owl.

@Emrys so watching Harry Potter Marathon on Space today

Final movie end scene with little Potters going off to Hogwarts, little Potter has a doomweasal instead of an owl.
I feel like it should have been one of the Granger-Weasleys. Aside from the obvious "weasel", wasn't Hermione's patronus an otter? They are a family fit for the Doomweasel army.

fade

Staff member
Every time the news talks about Chris Rock's divorce, I think he's married to a dark wizard. Come on? Malaak?

Mal'akh is Hebrew for messenger or angel, so that's probably where it came from.

It's also the name of the primary antagonist in Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, a hulking murderer of a man covered from head to toe in tattoos, so it's not a name I associate with femininity.

Hey, so it's snowing in southern California. I think this is the End Times.
Yesterday I read about the winter storm you guys are getting. I can't believe it. But then again, the summits on Hawaii ("the big island") had a blizzard warning for a few days last week. Granted Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa are each almost 14k feet above sea level, but it makes it no less weird to say some place in the islands has blizzard warnings.