GasBandit

Staff member
Somebody put white flags on top of the Brooklyn Bridge.

The motive for the act remains unclear.

"At this time, it appears (the act) has no particular nexus to terrorism," Miller said. "This may be somebody's art project, or may be an attempt to make some kind of statement. But it's not clear what that statement is."

"The white flags -- which appear to be American flags that were bleached white and measure 20 feet by 11 feet -- were discovered by construction workers around 5:30 a.m."

(via circa)

Niece and nephew are visiting for the first time - their first time in "the big city". Only too bad their parents can't stick to appointments and due to a humorous combination of misunderstandings, they'll be showing up in about...5 minutes, instead of in 2-3 hours. Oh boy. How to get that weed smell out of the curtains, get dressed, do the dishes and mop the floors...Hrm. And girlfriend doesn't seem to understand why I might be a bit annoyed right now. GAH.

Niece and nephew are visiting for the first time - their first time in "the big city". Only too bad their parents can't stick to appointments and due to a humorous combination of misunderstandings, they'll be showing up in about...5 minutes, instead of in 2-3 hours. Oh boy. How to get that weed smell out of the curtains, get dressed, do the dishes and mop the floors...Hrm. And girlfriend doesn't seem to understand why I might be a bit annoyed right now. GAH.
You have to do that in five minutes? You'll end up wearing the curtains, mopping your dishes, and spreading weed all over the floor.

One of my troop mates is going to teach at Depot (RCMP Academy). Man, it's nuts that we've been cops long enough for that to happen.

Went to a nice little record shop on 20th street today, found an LP of Bomber. It was a little confusing finding it, because the only genre labels they had were "Rock" and "Jazz". Now either they felt rock is an all encompassing genre- OR they just didn't feel like making that many labels. FLEH- I got my record so whatevs.

Went to a nice little record shop on 20th street today, found an LP of Bomber. It was a little confusing finding it, because the only genre labels they had were "Rock" and "Jazz". Now either they felt rock is an all encompassing genre- OR they just didn't feel like making that many labels. FLEH- I got my record so whatevs.
No no, see, the middle got cut off. It was actually one label that read "Rock and all that jazz"

Last edited:

Cajungal

Staff member
I was just told I'm teaching middle school math this year. There are 2 students who tested out of 5th grade math, and I'm the only one who has a morning slot to teach them. So... I have some reading to do.

This is a test of the Doomweasel Emergency System. If you can see this message, there is a high chance of Doomweasels in your immediate vicinity. Take cover immediately.