fade

Staff member
This is how things go on the internet. 1) Something doesn't bother most people. Maybe they even like it. 2) Vocal people hate it. 2) The people you consider cool hate it. 3) You hate it, and proselytize your hate with your carefully groomed list of reasons. 4) Your mom hates it. 5) Vocal people start hating the hate. 6) It's cool to hate the hate. 7) Everyone claims they really liked it all along, and it was everyone else who hated it.

This is how things go on the internet. 1) Something doesn't bother most people. Maybe they even like it. 2) Vocal people hate it. 2) The people you consider cool hate it. 3) You hate it, and proselytize your hate with your carefully groomed list of reasons. 4) Your mom hates it. 5) Vocal people start hating the hate. 6) It's cool to hate the hate. 7) Everyone claims they really liked it all along, and it was everyone else who hated it.
8) Thoughtful commentary about the haters.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't care what Edna Mode says, a cape is an important symbol of heirarchy in the superbeing oeurve. Without it... it's just PJs.

Pretty sure only superheroes capable of flight, or "falling with style" are legally permitted to wear capes.

Villians, however, are allowed to wear capes regardless of abilities, primarily to appear more imposing than otherwise.
Unless the cloak is somewhat associated with the power.

GasBandit

Staff member
Closing threads and restarting them is a relic of a previous forum software that bogged down when threads got too long. This one doesn't have that problem, so it's not needed.

Time for fun in editing @Nick's book:

(When he clicks his alert tag, he'll probably think this is about the content.)

I was editing his book on the bus today, deeply engrossed and busy--too busy for a voice from behind me to register a guy ask, "So are you an editor or something?"

By the time it registered, I heard, "Okay, whatever" and an angry hand hit the stop cord. Of course, at that point I wasn't going to turn around. I don't get why he would even think I noticed him if I was reading. People seem to think they're the center of the world, that everyone's going to stop what they're doing and pay attention because they open their mouths. I've noticed it when guys try to get girls' attention at bus stops and stuff, but starting with "Excuse me" can go a long way. Or hell, get into someone's visual range.

Not even sure what he would've wanted besides "yeah". I wasn't going to share, especially since one page of my notes for whatever reason looks like some weird armadillo/frog erotica with the correction sections taken out of context.

"creeping closer, I removed my fedora"
"hid his surprise well by covering his mouth"
"fighting in a tub of pudding"
"nuts"
"cunning linguist. Ribbit."*

*(I made that one up ... I hope)

Last edited:
We have a Tori Amos concert a week from Saturday and I wish I was more excited. My wife and I were pumped when the tickets went on sale before the CD came out. A timeline of events

- Tickets bought
- Excited for CD release
- Excited for concert
- Halforums introduces us to The Protomen
- Woo Protomen!
- More Woo Protomen!
- CD release imminent
- Woo Protomen!
- Tori Amos CD released
- Excited about CD
- Listen to CD
- Hope rides ALOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOO-OOOOOOOONE

So, yeah. I know she'll play more than just from this CD, but this CD ain't her best.

And The Protomen are so fucking good. It's been months and my wife still sling Protomen lyrics back and forth at each other a few times a week.

Rain. Wind. Not much else. The storm has slowed, been downgraded to a tropical storm, and is going on a more southerly track. We were supposed to be affected overnight, but now it's pushed back into this afternoon for the worst of the weather. I don't see where we're going to get it too badly.

zOMG the sun is out! I think Iselle didn't get the notice that she was the first hurricane to come through the area in 22 years. Pele must have beat her into submission or something. Anywho, other than a few flickers of the electricity and some heavy rain this morning we're ok. Hopefully Julio will run away from Pele, too.

So, Ive been listening to old-timey radio shows at work the past few days. One common ad is for a win that they brag about going great with hamburgers and fried chicken.

If I am eating hamburgers and fried chicken, I am not thinking about which wine goes best with it.

Stat of the day: According to this article, my home state of Wisconsin has a higher average broadband speed than that of the home state of Google, Apple, and the Silicon Valley.

(11.7 Mbps, by the way)

995062_10152185021137750_8138775462406215714_n.jpg

Soooo...these have been appearing all day today. Tornados aren't really something we get in the Maritimes.

What DOES one do to survive a tornado? I don't even have a basement!