You know that feeling you get when you get something wedged in your teeth? That irritating pressure that no amount of picking, brushing, or flossing can seem to alleviate? Yeah, I've had that since yesterday morning.

You know how sometimes, when you're chewing gum, stuff stuck in your teeth works itself loose, bestowing upon you a great boon of relief? Ohhhhh yeaaaaahh... just got that.

I just found out my "niece" (she is my ex's niece, but as I had a hand in helping raise her she calls/considers me to be her aunt still) is 2 1/2 months pregnant. Needless to say the guy didn't stick around and her mother is actually happy. My niece is only 18 and hasn't even graduated high school yet. I'm afraid she will drop out in order to raise her baby.... I feel like if she had stayed in the city where she grew up that I might have helped prevent this happening as her mother never taught her anything of any use...

Last night at the bar a friend of mine asked me to team up for Portal 2 co-op, but I had to tell him that I already had a partner lined up.

It was similar, I imagine, to being asked to a dance and already having a date. What a strange experience.

fade

Staff member
Anybody else find this whole Ninja War in Naruto confusing? I think it's the art. It's gotten all sketchy and all over the place. Sometimes it's hard to tell what's going on.

Also there are so many damn minor characters that we're supposed to give a shit about, despite not having more than a chapter focusing on them for hundreds of chapters at a time.

fade

Staff member
It's a shame really, considering how well the Pain arc was written. I mean, I felt it when Jiraiya died, but I just can't work up any concern at all over Madera. His goal seems silly--a giant sharingan on the moon?!? And man, I personally want to backhand Killer Bee.

fade

Staff member
I'm going to start adding random "Sent from my..." lines on the ends of stuff.

Sent from my Acer 80386.
Added at: 14:38
Maybe I'll start doing it in real life, too.
"Class dissmissed.

Sent from my iPhone."

I picked up another life lesson yesterday. It is not a good idea to open the windows and sunroof on a station wagon on a spring day... When you have a 100 pound German Shepherd in the back... that has a shedding issue... and has slept in sand for 2 days.

It was a blizzard of dog hair with a side of sand blast.

I was watching Top Shot last night on History... And there is this one contestant that was very likely going to win it all. I hated him. He was this Quido bully from Jersey, that openly mocked and disdained any shooter there that was not ex-military.

When asked what he was going to do with the $100,000 he answered along the lines of... Buy a pistol and two rifles a month until the money runs out.

The other two were going to put their children through school with the money.

He had the lead over one of guys. The other guy was broke as hell, and the nicest guy on the planet. He had serious medical problems, and he was just having a bad day at the range.

This guy that I could not stand, threw the competition (with at least one intentional miss) to give the guy that needed the money the chance to enter the final. He turned out to be a complete mensch, underneath all that bluster.

Today is taco day at the cafeteria. Much better than yesterday, which was hot dog day. I dread Friday though, it seems to be cheap Chinese food and curry day, judging by the smell. I cannot wait until I have my off-campus intranet access so I can work from my company's office and I'm not subjected to the aromas of the cafeteria here.

Ever since seeing Inception the my frequency of having multilayered dreams as risen dramatically. AND I'm getting more adept at realizing that my lower dream levels are in fact dreams, so much so that I've had conversations with fictional characters about them.

Is this a symptom of insanity?

W

Wasabi Poptart

Ever since seeing Inception the my frequency of having multilayered dreams as risen dramatically. AND I'm getting more adept at realizing that my lower dream levels are in fact dreams, so much so that I've had conversations with fictional characters about them.

Is this a symptom of insanity?
Do you mean you're talking to a character in your dream about having a dream? I've done that before.

Do you mean you're talking to a character in your dream about having a dream? I've done that before.
Yeah! Like last night I had a dream that I was talking to a girl in a bar and there was suddenly a large noise outside. We looked out the window and saw a giant spacecraft crashing into Uptown Waterloo and I told her, "Don't worry, this isn't real. I'll be waking up soon."

W

Wasabi Poptart

I've done stuff like that. I can force myself to wake up if I'm having freaky dreams or make them change if I don't want to wake up. I had one recently where I took my son into a public restroom and he started to gag like he was going to be sick. Suddenly this big, Pepto pink, fish-like thing started coming out of his mouth. I was panicking, but then I remembered it was only a dream and made myself wake up.

W

Wasabi Poptart

When we have the technology to record and play back dreams, I'm not subscribing to your RSS dream feed.
I wish I didn't have to see them myself! The only dreams I ever remember are graphic and disturbing. Which it probably why I remember them in the first place. Anything normal isn't shocking enough to stick in my memory.