Yeah, I probably should have prefaced that it's a documentary about a master of celebrity caricatures talking about his process of drawing Conan and sharing a lot of what he's learned about Conan.

I was watching Top Shot last night on History... And there is this one contestant that was very likely going to win it all. I hated him. He was this Quido bully from Jersey, that openly mocked and disdained any shooter there that was not ex-military.

When asked what he was going to do with the $100,000 he answered along the lines of... Buy a pistol and two rifles a month until the money runs out.

The other two were going to put their children through school with the money.

He had the lead over one of guys. The other guy was broke as hell, and the nicest guy on the planet. He had serious medical problems, and he was just having a bad day at the range.

This guy that I could not stand, threw the competition (with at least one intentional miss) to give the guy that needed the money the chance to enter the final. He turned out to be a complete mensch, underneath all that bluster.
Yeah, that completely shocked and touched me as well...I wanted him to go home from the second or third episode, but that was amazing of him. Good on him.

I was watching Top Shot last night on History... And there is this one contestant that was very likely going to win it all. I hated him. He was this Quido bully from Jersey, that openly mocked and disdained any shooter there that was not ex-military.

When asked what he was going to do with the $100,000 he answered along the lines of... Buy a pistol and two rifles a month until the money runs out.

The other two were going to put their children through school with the money.

He had the lead over one of guys. The other guy was broke as hell, and the nicest guy on the planet. He had serious medical problems, and he was just having a bad day at the range.

This guy that I could not stand, threw the competition (with at least one intentional miss) to give the guy that needed the money the chance to enter the final. He turned out to be a complete mensch, underneath all that bluster.
Honestly, I thought Ashley (the USAF Special Ops guy with all the tats on his arms) turned out to be the biggest jerk out the people on the show. There was always someone he was trash-talking - Kyle, then Jay, then Jamie. Ashley getting on Jamie out of nowhere was especially shocking, to the point that even George - who openly disliked Jamie - was surprised. Particularly was calling him "fake SEAL" - Brian 'Gunny' Zins pointed out that "SEAL" was the house nickname for Jamie, but Jamie, a US Navy Rescue Swimmer, never claimed to be one. In fact, according to his bio, he attended BUD/S training, meaning he was in selection for becoming a SEAL, but didn't make it. No wonder he looked pissed off when Ashley called him "fake SEAL".

What's interesting is that both winners in Top Shot are ex-military and primarily not competition shooters.

Oh man this jet lag is really annoying. A guy on the plane ride said the best thing to do was to walk around with my shoes off. Worth a shot I guess.