GasBandit

Staff member
I lol'd when I first read this, and then it occurred to me: I hope you mean there's two guys working one pawn shop and one in the other, otherwise that's a lot of monotesticled guys in the pawning field.
The universal symbol for a pawn shop is 3 balls suspended from a curved bar.

I am not your girlfriend's brother, but that is the exact same argument I use when explaining how the lottery works to people.
Me: "Would you pick 1-2-3-4-5-6 to win?"
Them: "Of course not! What're the odds those numbers would win?"
Me: "Um, exactly the same as any other combination, actually."
Them: "..."

--Patrick
Except if those numbers win, you would be sharing the prize with every other uncreative person who picked them. If you're going to pick numbers, pick ones that no one else will. It's the same odds of winning, but with greater odds of getting the whole pot.

I buy one ticket per drawing on one lottery, so I spend about $100 a year on it.

When I get one the girl behind the counter always says, "Just one?" to which I reply, "One ticket greatly increases my odds to win, but two or more do not."

When I get one the girl behind the counter always says, "Just one?" to which I reply, "One ticket greatly increases my odds to win, but two or more do not."
When I feel like playing, I will usually buy two tickets, with my rationale being that buying that second ticket maximizes my odds of winning at minimal additional expense. To me, no additional ticket beyond the second increases the odds enough to be worth the expense.

--Patrick

Except if those numbers win, you would be sharing the prize with every other uncreative person who picked them. If you're going to pick numbers, pick ones that no one else will. It's the same odds of winning, but with greater odds of getting the whole pot.
Well, yes, but his point isn't actually that you should pick those numbers, he says if you're not willing to pick those numbers, then you should see the psychological barrier to accepting they are perfectly reasonable numbers to pick, which ought to illustrate why you shouldn't buy lottery tickets - on the basis that you buy them to win, of course, and not just for fun, obviously. I don't think he actually cares whether people buy them. I just liked the quip.

The deed is done! Made an appointment next week to get my hair dyed. I've been wanting this since...high school. Holy, that's 9 years guys! I'm shaking, I'm so excited! Red hair, here I come!

GasBandit

Staff member
Red hair is best hair. Man, there was this one time where Pauline surprised me by dying her (naturally red) hair blonde. It was like I'd seen her strangle a puppy. "I love you but WHY DID YOU DO THAT ;_;"

The deed is done! Made an appointment next week to get my hair dyed. I've been wanting this since...high school. Holy, that's 9 years guys! I'm shaking, I'm so excited! Red hair, here I come!
On a scale of Gates McFadden--Karen Gillian--Poison Ivy, what shade of red are we talking?

--Patrick

In six hours I'll be leaving for London, where I'll be attending both my sisters' weddings. I'll also be popping by Rome and Venice.

I should go pack.

On a scale of Gates McFadden--Karen Gillian--Poison Ivy, what shade of red are we talking?

--Patrick
Karen Gillian-esque? Mine will be a more saturated red, with cool undertones, but out of those three Karen's is the closest to what I'm going for.

This is my hair-spiration pic, so something like this.

HNNN, I'm so excited!! :heart:[DOUBLEPOST=1397147238,1397147207][/DOUBLEPOST]
There will be before and after pictures, yes?
Of course! :heart:

Whoa, I'm hoping the dye doesn't do that to your lips. That looks painful.

--Patrick
I don't see it.

But I can say that I'm in good hands! I'm going all out on this and getting it professionally done. My sister-in-law's mother owns a salon and I trust them both, so I imagine I'll be okay. ;)

Listening to Matt Taibi's new book, The Divide. Holy shit, don't be black and get arrested in New York. Farked up. I've never heard anything so insane as the wide nets being thrown to arrest people doing nothing wrong. One man was arrested in front of his building after coming home from work, wearing his work uniform, for 'blocking pedestrians' at 1:00 a.m.

Karen Gillian-esque? Mine will be a more saturated red, with cool undertones, but out of those three Karen's is the closest to what I'm going for.

This is my hair-spiration pic, so something like this.

HNNN, I'm so excited!! :heart:[DOUBLEPOST=1397147238,1397147207][/DOUBLEPOST]

Of course! :heart:
Okay, one, wow she's beautiful.

Two, red hair is the best.

Three, my girlfriend hates red hair, and once told me she'd sooner shave it all off or dye it blue than dye her hair red.[DOUBLEPOST=1397150694][/DOUBLEPOST]
Listening to Matt Taibi's new book, The Divide. Holy shit, don't be black and get arrested in New York. Farked up. I've never heard anything so insane as the wide nets being thrown to arrest people doing nothing wrong. One man was arrested in front of his building after coming home from work, wearing his work uniform, for 'blocking pedestrians' at 1:00 a.m.
I've been following the attempts of a guy trying to fight a jaywalking ticket he got in LA for jaywalking in an intersection at 2AM when there was no traffic -- meanwhile, literally two blocks away, the same time that night, a man was stabbed to death.

I don't know that he can win since he's admitted he was jaywalking, but damn if that doesn't slap the police to pay some attention to real fucking problems.

Okay, one, wow she's beautiful.

Two, red hair is the best.

Three, my girlfriend hates red hair, and once told me she'd sooner shave it all off or dye it blue than dye her hair red.[DOUBLEPOST=1397150694][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've been following the attempts of a guy trying to fight a jaywalking ticket he got in LA for jaywalking in an intersection at 2AM when there was no traffic -- meanwhile, literally two blocks away, the same time that night, a man was stabbed to death.

I don't know that he can win since he's admitted he was jaywalking, but damn if that doesn't slap the police to pay some attention to real fucking problems.
There is a serious problem with our system. While serious crime is down, that looks bad for those looking to advance in police departments. The whole thing is driven by numbers, being tough on crime. This leads to nuisance cases, crap like jaywalking, loitering, etc. All of this is in poor neighborhoods, sounding like a weird war on poor people. It's just disturbing.

A friend's Facebook post went something like:

"Today I landed in Denver Colorado. Since marijuana is legal now, I thought I'd buy some marijuana laxatives.

You know for shits and giggles."

Cajungal

Staff member
I don't understand the way people choose to debate sometimes.

There's this girl who frequents a cafe that I like, and she likes going up to strangers and talking politics. She kind of behaves like a cross between a manic pixie dreamgirl and a 6-year-old. She oversimplifies everything and giggles like a child when she disagrees with something they say. Recently I overheard a guy tell her that getting rid of nuclear weapons wasn't a simple matter, and she just giggled and said, "oh, grownups can be silly!" And then offered no counter argument. Unless she suffered terrible brain damage, she's a douchebag.

She doesn't know what she's missing. :p
She must not because I'd
Seriously.
Explicit sexual fantasy follows.
I even talk about sex toys! Handcuffs!
Gotcha, perv.

FORMATTING AWWWW YOU RUINED ME

I don't know... I think a douchebag has to at least have the intelligence to decide to be a douchebag. Therein lies the douchiness. They know better, but it's easier to just be an enormous bother.
Mm, although ignorance isn't always an excuse.
I need more details.
Haaaaa... Maybe in the NSFW section when I'm not at work

Also I have to post to that stupid Sexington tumblr I made that no one follows