I went to a party on Saturday. And...it wasn't my scene, but man I sure enjoyed watching the chaos all unfold. It wasn't a huge party, but for the space, it was a lot of people. And everyone decided to play King's Cup, meaning everyone got WASTED. (I don't drink and was the DD that night. I also was in charge of the rules for King's Cup because once people get drunk, most struggle to remember the rules.) Anyway, I have never seen so many people struggle to get from room to room! I saved three lives; There was an awkward stair from the living room to the hallway and everyone just about biffed it on that stair - I caught many of them.

I had never witnessed someone legit pass out from drinking, so that was exciting. Like, he was just walking down the hallway and just flat out fell face first into the carpet.

Is it wrong that I want to go to those parties now just to watch people be foolish?

(Plus I got the best compliments ever from everyone! I think all of my friends are sappy drunks, so I was raking in all of the 'I love you!'s and just about every other compliment under the sun.)

Oh, yeah, it's probably the title. Given that you're submitting to a bunch of strangers on the internet, the down voters probably see it as an attempt at karma whoring. Redditors can really get a bug up their ass about it.

-edit-

Oh, it's actually the fourth highest post on r/minecraft, so I'd guess most of the down votes probably are from the voting algorithm.

Last edited:
So, I was listening to random national anthems on youtube and a random link showed me this:

Now, don't fret everyone, this guy is not 100% sure that this will happen.

My favorite parts are when Iraq conquers a quarter of the Earth, or maybe when Spain conquers Alaska.

GasBandit

Staff member
So, I was listening to random national anthems on youtube and a random link showed me this:

My favorite parts are when Iraq conquers a quarter of the Earth, or maybe when Spain conquers Alaska.
The hell is going on? Canada briefly occupies central russia? Some kind of islamist state conquers china? What?

Good news: GOT A JOB INTERVIEW!
Bad news: $400 round trip to go home for spring break now.

I spose this is still a win, but I wish it wasn't such late notice.

This is baffling. I do like that Canada briefly conquers a chunk of Greenland, and ultimately cedes a tiny part of Newfoundland. ???

I'm trying to plan out my vacation. We're flying out to DC (from Brussels), and probably flying back from NY (to Brussels). If I choose the dates and those destinations, the cheapest I've found with a decent airline is US Airways - €583 pp. However, the departing flight takes 17+hours. Looking closer, this is because of a seven hour lay-over in Philadelphia. Now, in 7 hours, I can practically bike from Philly to DC (not going to do that though :p).
So I figured I'd try to book BRU/PHI and NY/BRU. Oh, hey, the ticket suddenly costs €776. That's just ridiculous. Dammit.

I ate a gas station hamburger for lunch today. Two of them actually. Tonight should be interesting. Why do I do this to myself?

Insanity?
Very well could be. Might be a bit of nostalgia too. Our family did a lot of long trips in the car when I was growing up. Sometimes my parents didn't want to waste time so we'd just grab something at a gas station. I used to get burgers a lot.

The gas station near my old place had an actual grill that made some fantastic burgers, and at a good price.
I went back after a couple years and the whole thing had been replaced with more coolers. :(

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Very well could be. Might be a bit of nostalgia too. Our family did a lot of long trips in the car when I was growing up. Sometimes my parents didn't want to waste time so we'd just grab something at a gas station. I used to get burgers a lot.
Maybe you were hoping for parasites that make you smarter and stronger.

Maybe you were hoping for parasites that make you smarter and stronger.
My wife always says she would never want to get rid of those worms when we watch that episode together. And then I suggest to her that there is probably a gruesome end in the late stages of their life cycle that would make it less than symbiotic...

GasBandit

Staff member
My wife always says she would never want to get rid of those worms when we watch that episode together. And then I suggest to her that there is probably a gruesome end in the late stages of their life cycle that would make it less than symbiotic...
Leela didn't want Fry to get rid of the worms either. The reverse-flowers-for-algernon thing was an interesting subversion.

But yeah... they might have started out beneficial, but who knows if they'd grow into chestbursters (or probably, given their location, assbursters)

I ate a gas station hamburger for lunch today. Two of them actually. Tonight should be interesting. Why do I do this to myself?
When I do something like that (like eat McDonalds....) I use it as a reminder about how much better other food is than there.

We actually have a small chain of pizza places in gas stations here in central Ohio called M&S Pizza. It is hands down the cheapest, best pizza you can get short of going to an icon like Minnelli's.

If I may promote for a moment...the above is the work of my Aunt Ruth and my Cousin Luke (Tyrone in the short). I'd love ot get them more views. Aunt Ruth has been making plays/movies for years and, I believe, this is her first attempt at a miniseries. Luke is popular stand up comic around this way and recently had his first show on Broadway...like, REAL Broadway!

Anyways, enjoy!