Nuh uh! It's called Shakespeare totally wrote half of a play really confusing and stuff, and the second was half totes normal. Duh.
Shakespeare running face-first into a deadline.[DOUBLEPOST=1368733700][/DOUBLEPOST]Shakespeare finishing his essay on the bus on the way to school.

Shakespeare running face-first into a deadline.[DOUBLEPOST=1368733700][/DOUBLEPOST]Shakespeare finishing his essay on the bus on the way to school.
And now we know what happened to dear old Benvolio[DOUBLEPOST=1368733850][/DOUBLEPOST]I wonder if there's a clear divide where the language switches.
"You bite your thumb at me, sir?"
"Yo' mamma's so fat when she sits around the house, she sits around the house!"

I wonder if there's a clear divide where the language switches.
"You bite your thumb at me, sir?"
"Yo' mamma's so fat when she sits around the house, she sits around the house!"
According to the student, it happened around Act IV. She couldn't give me anything more definitive than that.

GasBandit

Staff member
I just noticed... as I haven't used a mouse pad at work for the last decade, I've slowly worn the "mouse" section of my desk down to a mirror-finish. It's smooth as glass where the rest of the desk is ever-so-slightly textured.

I notice a lot of songs have a theme of never growing up. Like, is that really such a great thing? Why don't I have this youthful hedonism the rest of the world seems to know about? My life is looking alright, but I mean, I'm hoping it improves as it goes forward. I don't want to be desperately clinging to my present, terrified to lose it.

Or maybe I just suck at hedonism and am not living right. Dammit, why do I suck so bad at hedonism.

:(

GasBandit

Staff member
I notice a lot of songs have a theme of never growing up. Like, is that really such a great thing? Why don't I have this youthful hedonism the rest of the world seems to know about? My life is looking alright, but I mean, I'm hoping it improves as it goes forward. I don't want to be desperately clinging to my present, terrified to lose it.

Or maybe I just suck at hedonism and am not living right. Dammit, why do I suck so bad at hedonism.

I'll tell you, those songs (and movies) bug the hell out of me. Like "The Way" by Fastball, which is essentially (if the lyrics are taken literally) about a couple that drives off to have a big romantic happily ever after, leaving their children to wake up in the morning and wonder where mommy and daddy are.

Or that Drew Barrymore movie, Mad Love. When the commercials were airing for it back in the 90s, they made it look like a story about two high school kids who steal her daddy's credit card and take off across the country to (literally and figuratively) screw around.

Did you mean to be in the shameful music thread?

Did you mean to be in the shameful music thread?
No, I was just thinking... though maybe it would have fit fine there.[DOUBLEPOST=1368741291][/DOUBLEPOST]I used to be such a grammar nit-picker, gleefully quoting people's posts with corrected punctuation and/or spelling. Years ago I realised how useless, irritating, and childish this was. I'm seldom bothered by spelling mistakes, but once in a while something just drives me fucking mental. I know it's entirely useless to care, but I go batty for some reason. Quotation marks used for emphasising something, for example. Or... maybe how the past tense of 'cast' is 'cast', not 'casted.' Not that I'm referring to anything I see on the What's New page all the time. Nope.

:confused:

I'm not twitching. That's just my face.

GasBandit

Staff member
No, I was just thinking... though maybe it would have fit fine there.[DOUBLEPOST=1368741291][/DOUBLEPOST]I used to be such a grammar nit-picker, gleefully quoting people's posts with corrected punctuation and/or spelling. Years ago I realised how useless, irritating, and childish this was. I'm seldom bothered by spelling mistakes, but once in a while something just drives me fucking mental. I know it's entirely useless to care, but I go batty for some reason. Quotation marks used for emphasising something, for example. Or... maybe how the past tense of 'cast' is 'cast', not 'casted.' Not that I'm referring to anything I see on the What's New page all the time. Nope.

Well, for all intensive purposes, it supposably makes some people literally explode.

B

BErt

Really all grammer police minus well just let it go. Most people don't care as they got nothing to loose.

GasBandit

Staff member
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

(I know, I know, 4 year old meme alert)

I can't give it up. It's my job.

I can't wait to watch that kickstarter fail.
I... I don't think that this will fail. I'm still having a hard time saying that, but he's already 1/3 of the way there on the first day, and honestly, that $10 level for lots of free bad art comics is almost worth it.

I... I don't think that this will fail. I'm still having a hard time saying that, but he's already 1/3 of the way there on the first day, and honestly, that $10 level for lots of free bad art comics is almost worth it.
Tossing in his own money, and using his obvious blackmailing of other artists won't get him all the way there.