Heh yeah, but me and my friends thought it was awesome as kids cos they said HELL in it! Oh the the idiocy of youth.
I can't believe someone wrote the line "pineapple smells" just for a rhyme. I bet they were up all night, fifteen cups of bold level coffee and even with that the best they could come up with was pineapple smells. Rushed deadline, thy name is DK rap.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05/07/18107999-deadly-giant-snail-found-in-houston?lite

Giant African snail found in Houston. Only one, but they're apparently quick multipliers. "Deadly" seems a bit much, but it seems they can carry a potentially fatal parasite.
My understanding of these things is that the biggest threat is how fast the reproduce (and are capable of self-fertilisation), and how much vegetation they consume. They can seriously threaten crops. According to this article, the last outbreak in Florida lasted 9 years, with over 18 000 snails.[DOUBLEPOST=1368028064][/DOUBLEPOST]Whoa holy shit it also says they've already found 120 000 in Florida this time around in just 18 months. That can't be good.

Today I made up a song, and it goes,

Not everything is about youuuuu/your low-self esteem is just a mask for incredible narcissism oh my god are you even kidding meeeeeeeeeeeeee

fade

Staff member
I want to say that first monster is inspired heavily by a pen and ink drawing from a ghost story collection I had as a kid called Ghosts! Ghosts! Ghosts! by Helen Hoke.

Early morning. Phone rings.

Me: "Grrmm brm don't wanna talk to anyone, not in the mood for shit."

Pick up phone.

10-year-old cousin: "GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT! My Riolu evolved into a Lucario!"

Me: "..."

Me: "Oh really, that's awesome, good for you, that's so cool!"

Early morning. Phone rings.

Me: "Grrmm brm don't wanna talk to anyone, not in the mood for shit."

Pick up phone.

10-year-old cousin: "GUESS WHAT, GUESS WHAT! My Riolu evolved into a Lucario!"

Me: "..."

Me: "Oh really, that's awesome, good for you, that's so cool!"
This is the type of stuff that you can use later... Wedding dinner later, birth of child later, tell the story to the child when he's older... Have fun with it.

This is the type of stuff that you can use later... Wedding dinner later, birth of child later, tell the story to the child when he's older... Have fun with it.
I'll keep that in mind. It's probably better material than the "I changed your diaper four times one morning when you were 3" kind of stuff I've been saving.

I did really rather well at work this morning. I thought I was going to piss a whole lot of people off. Like, full on angry people yelling at me after my shift was over. Turns out, they really liked what I did (for the most part, I'm sure I annoyed some folks). But on the whole - the peeps are happy, and increasingly seem to like my work more than what my boss does. This pleases me, since I think my boss is a self-absorbed narcissistic idiot. So, ya. Yay! Only 11 more months left on the contract. I do hope they renew it.

You ever wonder why those Cadmus guy in the comics don't just sell their clone tanks to gay couples want kids? They would make a killing. And for a thousand bucks more, the kid can have super powers!

fade

Staff member
Mother's Day is when my undergraduate school holds its Spring Commencement. It's the one real tradition we have. We graduate outdoors in summer tuxes and white dresses. The women carry a dozen red roses and the men wear a red rose boutonnière. Makes you feel like Bond.

Had to stop a crazy (and im not using it as a derogatory term,the woman is tinfoil on head crazy) old woman from eating a bowl of sambal oelek. I just turned to get something and then she grabbed the chili of the counter and started shoveling it into her mouth. :/

Had to stop a crazy (and im not using it as a derogatory term,the woman is tinfoil on head crazy) old woman from eating a bowl of sambal oelek. I just turned to get something and then she grabbed the chili of the counter and started shoveling it into her mouth. :/
Yes, like the idiot on the bus next to my stepmom who just dug a corn chip right into the big blob of "guacamole" my stepmom got with her raw fish.

--Patrick

What the fuck is up with Microsoft's new ad campaign? I mean, I know they laid off a butt load of marketing people within the last two or three quarters, and I know they've never had the marketing genius to compete with Apple (the "I'm a PC" campaign was pretty spectacularly weak compared to the PC vs. Mac campaign that Apple ran); but are they seriously hanging everything on the ability to watch animated representations of actions?! As an email user, I couldn't care less that their service allows me to watch emails slide off the screen when I delete them. It was bad enough when we found out that one of the big "features" of Office 2013 was the ability to watch cell values move across the screen to the accompaniment of a jet engine whoosh when you cut and paste them from one area to another in Excel; but this is just asinine. Is this honestly what they think people want from productivity software and email services?!

Oh wait... yes, it is. Because unfortunately for Microsoft, they've fallen prey to one of the stupidest marketing/feedback blunders ever. They've gone online over their social media outlets and asked random people what features they wanted to see in upcoming products, threw the resulting answers at the wall, and saw what stuck. It makes me wonder if they even pared out obvious troll responses. Just because you've asked your customers for their opinions, doesn't mean you need to follow through on those opinions. For cryin' out loud, what if the majority of your responses had been that customers wanted upgrades to Windows 8 to automatically install OS X Mountain Lion, upgrades to IE to automatically install Safari and/or Firefox, and upgrades to Office to automatically remove Office from your system and walk you through a tutorial on how to best use Google Docs? Would they have gone through with that?!

Got an email from AT&T yesterday. Trade in my current iPhone 4S and get a new iPhone 5 free. I just have to renew my contract (which ends in November) for another 2 years. And make sure the phone is wiped and back to factory settings before I bring it in.

There's this little matter of having to get all new cases and whatnot thanks to the new dimensions, but...

Decisions, decisions.

Got an email from AT&T yesterday. Trade in my current iPhone 4S and get a new iPhone 5 free.
Hmm. Could be quite the harbinger. I think I'd wait 90 days (if I could stand it). If it was a 4->5, I'd jump at it, but 4S->5 isn't as big of a step as it might seem.

--Patrick

On my lunch at work, devising mechanics for mining and gemcrafting for my AtLA-themed DnD campaign. I love this stuff.