I heard on the radio that Super-man being the last son of Krypton was a metaphor for how the Jews would send their children off in trains so they wouldn't go to concentration camps. The Nazis hated it, but what else is new?

I heard on the radio that Super-man being the last son of Krypton was a metaphor for how the Jews would send their children off in trains so they wouldn't go to concentration camps. The Nazis hated it, but what else is new?
Yep. There' are many Jewish allegories within Superman's creation. Also, there's only one superhero whose name is hyphenated and that's Spider-Man.[DOUBLEPOST=1368773792][/DOUBLEPOST]http://nickpiers.wordpress.com/

I has a blog. I've been trying to keep up on it, but honestly, I'm not really sure what to talk about just yet. I'm still in the process of figuring out what I want to write about on a regular basis. So far, it's mostly been shameless self-promoting.

On the bright side, it's allowed me to show off some awesome sketches of Dill.

I completely forgot that the state of Wyoming existed. This happens frequently, even though I'm well aware of Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, the Grand Teton National Park, Cheyenne (and its rodeo). I've driven through the state a number of times, in various directions. Really, really like it there. Completely forgot it existed.

I always forget who to hyphen and who to not hyphen. Hey, if I make a character spelled "Super-man" could DC not sue me? TIME TO ROLL THOSE DICE!
I completely forgot that the state of Wyoming existed. This happens frequently, even though I'm well aware of Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, the Grand Teton National Park, Cheyenne (and its rodeo). I've driven through the state a number of times, in various directions. Really, really like it there. Completely forgot it existed.
Immediately thought of this.

Yep. There' are many Jewish allegories within Superman's creation. Also, there's only one superhero whose name is hyphenated and that's Spider-Man.[DOUBLEPOST=1368773792][/DOUBLEPOST]http://nickpiers.wordpress.com/

I has a blog. I've been trying to keep up on it, but honestly, I'm not really sure what to talk about just yet. I'm still in the process of figuring out what I want to write about on a regular basis. So far, it's mostly been shameless self-promoting.

On the bright side, it's allowed me to show off some awesome sketches of Dill.
You should have made a tumblr.

Then I could flood your ask box wit weird questions and GIVE you something to write/rant about.

Can someone explain to me what the point of Tumblr is? Technically, I have one, but it was just to ask Greg Rucka a question.
Tumblr...is a thing? You can follow things you like and reblog other peoples art, writing, etc.

It also where fandoms congregate.

Great place to meet friends and learn new things provided you communicate well!

Uhm, gaining followers is hard, though.

I don't know. TUMBLR EXISTS.[DOUBLEPOST=1368812536][/DOUBLEPOST]One of my Fav tumblrs I am following right now: http://referenceforwriters.tumblr.com/

GasBandit

Staff member
Every time somebody prints the name of the Turkish Prime Minister (Erdogan), I think, "Prime Minister Etrigan?" As in "Gone, gone, the form of man, rise the PM ERDOGAN!"

Can someone explain this?

View attachment 10875
Either creationism for the kiddies Nippon style OR one of those books that tries to make bible stuff have some sort of scientific feasibility. Like saying stuff like Jesus could control things on a molecular level Doctor Meatdanglin' style and that is how he could turn water into wine. Either way, its to trick new generations into thinking Jesus is cool/interesting.[DOUBLEPOST=1368815086][/DOUBLEPOST]
Every time somebody prints the name of the Turkish Prime Minister (Erdogan), I think, "Prime Minister Etrigan?" As in "Gone, gone, the form of man, rise the PM ERDOGAN!"
That would be fucking awesome. Also which is cooler: Etrigan's poem or Green Lantern's oath? Me, Etrigan.

The Green Lantern Pledge is pure cornball. Etrigan's speech patterns are cool because the writers have to burn a little brain power to make his rhymes fit the conversations/threats.

figmentPez

Staff member
Can someone explain to me what the point of Tumblr is?
As far as I know, it's main purpose is to make reblogging content easy. Other services, like Pinterest, have taken up the same thing, but Tumblr really revolves around the ability to take the posts of others and put them on your blog, with links back to the source, in just a few clicks.

Cajungal

Staff member
About 10 hours ago, I posted on facebook that no one had better ask me for anything this weekend. What's the first thing that happens when I wake up?

Text from friend: "Hey dude, I had to leave my car at La Fonda last night-can you come pick me up??" Never fails. Well, it was actually nice catching up. We took the scenic route to her car.

fade

Staff member
Oh, La Fonda is right around the corner from the house I still freaking own in Lafayette. Despite trying to sell it. It's on Woodvale.

Cajungal

Staff member
Damn that's a good location... If I had money I'd put in an offer! If it helps I could spread the word. I think one of our teachers is starting to house hunt.

Going on another first date with another OKC girl. The last two were pretty bad, so at this point my expectations are nonexistent. Juuuust about ready to delete my account there.​

Going on another first date with another OKC girl. The last two were pretty bad, so at this point my expectations are nonexistent. Juuuust about ready to delete my account there.
Good luck. I keep trying to set something up but ultimately I don't know if I'm ready to date yet.

Going on another first date with another OKC girl. The last two were pretty bad, so at this point my expectations are nonexistent. Juuuust about ready to delete my account there.​
My experiences with OKC in chronological order:

1. Cool person unfortunately separated by Atlantic Ocean
2. Desperate woman whose fiance had just left her
3. Crazy girl wanting love IMMEDIATELY.
4. Crazy girl wanting husband IMMEDIATELY (love optional).
5. Cool girl I ended up dating for a couple months, lots of physical chemistry, but not much connection besides angry arguments about cinema.

I realized that was the best I was going to do and quit on the site after that. Maybe others have had better experiences, but 1/5 wasn't worth it for me.

So whats with the cross in the upper right?
Beats the crap out of me. There is nothing written in Chinese that would tell me one way or another. My guess? Some stories important in western culture are included in the book and the cross/bible is added for no other reason that it is a highly recognizable western symbol and/or biblical stories were included. Maybe analogous to stamping a picture of a dragon or Confucius on a book with Asian stories.

Beats the crap out of me. There is nothing written in Chinese that would tell me one way or another. My guess? Some stories important in western culture are included in the book and the cross/bible is added for no other reason that it is a highly recognizable western symbol and/or biblical stories were included. Maybe analogous to stamping a picture of a dragon or Confucius on a book with Asian stories.
Not sure if that's an improvement over the Chicago Al Capone Ratatatatataatat image we usually get.

--Patrick