One time, figmentPez complained about microwaves that beep after they've finished heating your food, to remind it's ready. Never before had I considered this as something that would annoy someone, but now... it drives me crazy. Every damn time.

PEZZZZZZZZ!

figmentPez

Staff member
For anyone wondering, I made my animated GIF with GifCam. It seems to make pretty good looking GIFs, though I wouldn't mind the interface being a little more polished.

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm contractually obligated to get a master's in gifted education to keep my job. They pay for it, but my local university just lost a bunch of good education professors, and I'm not really up to the added stress. But whatever, I'll be keeping a good job and getting a mostly free education.

Cajungal

Staff member
I saw a kickstarter about a comic book based on Jonathan Coulton's music. Three years ago I jotted down notes for a mamma-Mia style musical with JC's songs providing exposition for the story of an apathetic 20-something and his type-A pal.

Netflix has been recommending some really dodgy movies to me lately. They've all been mostly funny. But definitely kinda dodgy. We're talking 70's made for TV trucker movie level dodgy. What does that say about my taste in movies?

GasBandit

Staff member
Wow, I knew Homer was Matt's actual father's name, but I had no idea how many of the other Simpsons characters were named after actual Groenings (and inlaws, apparently).

Cajungal

Staff member
You're right. The cactus actually looks more huggable. And the flowers make it cheery.[DOUBLEPOST=1367883567][/DOUBLEPOST]...Thank you. That was a little hacky, but I really really wanted to say it. :D