Interesting, I'm guess I'm a little biased since the ones I've gone to on vacation had lack-luster food.

South tips I've learned from this forum: Do not called crestaceans cray-fish. Gas Stations have good food.

Walked right into that one. Seriously though, I have no idea how I cut myself there. Its like in the summer when you'll be walkin' around bare-foot and you'll be feeling fine and the next time you look at your foot- BAM- cut. Stupid sickle weasels.

fade

Staff member
557883_10200268695252769_2021421388_n.jpg

This is the apparatus my son and I threw together for his science fair project. He wanted to build a better bike taillight, so we came up with the idea to test various light flashing patterns against people's peripheral vision. They stood in a simulated "car" 2m from the apparatus, and he uploaded 6 different light patterns of his design. I provided the simple circuit and the programs. And the salami container.

I hate eating breakfast. Not the food, just the act - I nearly always get a terrible stomach ache after I've eaten in the morning. I'm not sure why. I'm assuming some of it is because of what I'm eating, cereal isn't the greatest thing but it's what we have right now.

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

Maybe my body is weeping since I no longer have fruit for breakfast. (It's out of season and is so expensive right now..I just can't purchase it yet.) I miss my morning smoothies. :(

I hate eating breakfast. Not the food, just the act - I nearly always get a terrible stomach ache after I've eaten in the morning. I'm not sure why. I'm assuming some of it is because of what I'm eating, cereal isn't the greatest thing but it's what we have right now.

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

Maybe my body is weeping since I no longer have fruit for breakfast. (It's out of season and is so expensive right now..I just can't purchase it yet.) I miss my morning smoothies. :(
On occasion, not all the time though. It makes me dread taking a sip of coffee, cos I feel queasy sometimes after drinking it.

I have trouble with post-nasal drip (isn't that attractive?), so I wake up slightly nauseous a lot. I can't eat breakfast right away. Usually have to wait about an hour or else I feel bleh.

Yeah, I dunno what it is. Because I love breakfast foods; eggs, bacon, pancakes, waffles, crepes, omlettes, toast and fruit. But really, when I eat first thing, it just doesn't sit well with me. I'm debating somehow working it out to take my breakfast to work and eat it there to give my body time to wake up (since I don't do coffee).

I tend to wait about 10 minutes or so after I wake up to eat, or I feel a bit sick. It seems to depend on my allergies, though, as some days I can eat right away. My brother never eats breakfast though, unless it's something small like toast or a little bacon.

Yeah, I can't eat first thing in the morning when I wake up either. I have to shower, shave, get dressed, and find some other way to kill about an hour (usually by checking my forum alerts and email/traffic), before I can eat anything without feeling sick.

I can shoot straight out of bed and into the kitchen to brew some tea, have a bagel, or even tear into a hunk of last night's pot roast. But if don't wait a bit before I down a glass of any type of cold liquid? Tummy trouble time.

--Patrick

North_Ranger

Staff member
I don't honestly eat breakfast. Mostly it's because I sleep late, due to a combination of treatment-induced tiredness and me being nocturnal by nature. By the time I get up right and proper, I usually have to start "liquidation", or getting down the minimum of 2.5 liters of fluids a day I need to keep my kidney drain working. Other than that, I usually eat leftovers or sandwiches for brunch.

I don't like Neil Gaiman. Well, not personally. I am sure he's a nice enough guy. It's his books I dislike. Like, I don't hate him or anything. I don't get what all the fuss is about. Often when I admit this, the reaction is one of incredulity and/or offense.

But I don't like his stuff.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't like Neil Gaiman. Well, not personally. I am sure he's a nice enough guy. It's his books I dislike. Like, I don't hate him or anything. I don't get what all the fuss is about. Often when I admit this, the reaction is one of incredulity and/or offense.

But I don't like his stuff.
Really? Not even Sandman?

I have "Seasons in the Sun" by Terry Jacks stuck in my head. I can't even begin to imagine when the last time I heard this song was, and I have no idea why it suddenly popped into my head today, but it's there.

I have the cure for this.

Ahem...

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT...
Doesn't seem to be working. I may have to go with the ultimate stuck song replacement. I won't mention the actual song or the lyrics, that would just be mean.