Cajungal

Staff member
Damn him for caring!
Ehh I see where she's coming from, actually. Sometimes people just want to vent. They probably already know the solution or have an idea about what they can do to fix their situation. They just want someone to hug them or just sit with them and say "I'm sorry," or "it's going to be okay." Or even better, "what can I do?" How many times are we upset about something because we know what we have to do? It's just a matter of adjusting your attitude; and sometimes you need to whimper a bit first, shake it off, and then get to it.

Now, if I do want to just vent, I'm sure to tell Jake, or whoever. If I don't, I try to understand that trying to help solve a problem is just some people's natural reaction. But yeah I get what she's saying.

If you just need to vent and cry, it's always good to tell a guy that. Our (warning: gross generalization regarding genders) natural instinct is that if you're telling us, you want us to help find a solution.

My anti-anxiety medication keeps me from being able to cry. I've told my husband I'm not feeling like myself and he's sympathetic enough, but venting isn't quite what I need. I just don't have the "release valve" like I used to and if I could just let it all out in one good cry I'd be better. The weird thing is people talk about meds making them feel "flat", but this is the only problem I have had as far as expressing/feeling certain emotions since being on the anti-anxiety treatment. I don't want to talk to my doctor about changing the medication because it has helped me feel more like myself otherwise.

North_Ranger

Staff member
My low days usually go hand in hand with the CT scans I have to get every three, four months. There's never any good news. Other than that... it's the treatment days and a three-day period every month when the white blood cell booster makes my bones hurt, which in turn makes me angry and irritable.

I think I might just not sleep tonight. I've completely thrown my sleep schedule out of whack because I'm generally too apathetic/depressed to care about getting to bed at a reasonable time.

Also, my brother found this little Japanese shop in the mall that sells all sorts of imported snacks and such. Green Tea Kit-Kats are delicious.

I'm just throwing this out there....specifically at WasabiPoptart I suppose, but exercise is something that always helps me get over the glums. That release of endorphines is something that's important to me. And I can tell if I haven't been exercising because I get glum and don't feel like myself.

I guess that's why this thought is directed at Wasabi, cause I know you've had a leg injury and maybe haven't been able to exercise like you would like to. The drop in happy chemicals may be bogging you down.

I guess that's why this thought is directed at Wasabi, cause I know you've had a leg injury and maybe haven't been able to exercise like you would like to. The drop in happy chemicals may be bogging you down.
I completely agree! I was thinking about that yesterday. I've still been exercising but not at the intensity or frequency that I had been doing a month or two ago. I know if I could get out to run I'd feel better. Yoga and weight-bearing exercises are good, but they don't give me the same lasting rush of happy hormones/chemicals.

How to make me less depressed: Leave me alone with markers for an hour. I have drawn Russia from Hetalia. This make me redonkulously happy.

As a man, I think I have just read the most uncomfortable Cracked.com article ever.
It's right here, item #2, the one about the Sami and their reindeer.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Lara's played all kinds of crazy stuff, some of it even in costume. My favorite videos of hers, though, she subsequently took down. Like the DDR-and-violin video.

Edit: oh wait, it's back up.

RE: DRAWING

Cheered up now. Got through Russia, a rather unsatisfactory America...then hubby came home and said I should do Sweden because "he's hilariously stoic" so I did and ended up drawing Finland as well.

TO most of you that will have been gibberish. Don't care. Happy now.

So I'm having a stressful day at work. So I go around convincing my coworkers using Google Chrome to paste "about:inducebrowsercrashforrealz" into their Chrome address bars.

I feel better now. :D

Some dingbat on youtube stole a film from one of the grads of my program (the year ahead of me), removed the existing credits, and put his own, complete with terrible word art and an annoying song. Watching the comments on the youtube video as word is spreading among Sheridan alumni is pretty fun.
dingbat.JPG

No link to the thief's channel, he's got enough traffic already and his video will be taken down in a few days anyway, but here is the original:

One thing I've always wondered about Hetalia, how does the author decide what genders the countries are? I would be up all night deciding this. Also I find it funny how Kurtz thinks hes hot shit for his webcomic, while Hetalia is probably the only webcomic with a long running animated series.

One thing I've always wondered about Hetalia, how does the author decide what genders the countries are? I would be up all night deciding this. Also I find it funny how Kurtz thinks hes hot shit for his webcomic, while Hetalia is probably the only webcomic with a long running animated series.
I assume that the author just started out with concept "Countries as hot boys" and ran with it. :p Girls (Like Hungary, Belarus and Ukraine) came later as the 'story' or circumstance saw fit.

Either way it's hilarious and tickles a fan girls fancy. :p