Last I checked, they don't ship to Canada. :([DOUBLEPOST=1351683491][/DOUBLEPOST]
Mine comes in patchy in places. It's really not an option if I want it to look good.
This. I'd like to grow a beard out, but I'd have to suffer through at least 3 months of a dirtlip, mutton chop, neckbeard combo before anything actually grew in in the little patches to connect them or fill them out.So I go baby faced. The world doesn't need to see that.

Michael Bay attacked him publicly pretty hard, talking about how easily replaced he was and how he had never actually met Weaving.

I think the best reply I read was someone saying how fucked up it was that a director of a movie had never met his main villain.

My doomweasel stole my banana skin (no interest in the banana, just the skin). He proceeded to dance around with it, peel flying everywhere, until it whipped around and slapped him in the head. He immediately dropped it and ran away in terror from the killer banana skin.
THIS is what I'm going to take over the world with?

Last I checked, they don't ship to Canada. :([DOUBLEPOST=1351683491][/DOUBLEPOST]
This. I'd like to grow a beard out, but I'd have to suffer through at least 3 months of a dirtlip, mutton chop, neckbeard combo before anything actually grew in in the little patches to connect them or fill them out.So I go baby faced. The world doesn't need to see that.
I had a pretty awesome beard while I was off of work during my "recovery" time. Back to work though now and it's back to clean shaven boringness.

North_Ranger

Staff member
My doomweasel stole my banana skin (no interest in the banana, just the skin). He proceeded to dance around with it, peel flying everywhere, until it whipped around and slapped him in the head. He immediately dropped it and ran away in terror from the killer banana skin.
THIS is what I'm going to take over the world with?
Note to self: invest... in.... anti-doom... weasel... bananas.

I understand how silly the trick or treating tradition is...

...but if you show up at my door in no costume with a Wal-mart plastic bag, don't say trick or treat, and are old enough to have kids of your own, you are not playing by the rules, here.

Yeah, but generally those are the kids who are interested in and capable of the trick part of trick or treating, so I give them something out of my second candy bucket. The little candies no one really likes.
That have been hanging around for the past three or four Hallowe'ens?

Apparently Christi delayed Halloween a week. Those Trick or Treaters at my door must not have gotten the message. I would've told them, but my house has enough toilet paper INSIDE the house.

So Jeph Jacques from Questionable Content seems to have had a nervous breakdown,stemming from the backlash he got for how a drew a "fat" girl.

So Jeph Jacques from Questionable Content seems to have had a nervous breakdown,stemming from the backlash he got for how a drew a "fat" girl.
Is that really what caused that? I saw that he posted about having a breakdown, but he didn't say why. I can't believe people gave him so much shit about that.

Is that really what caused that? I saw that he posted about having a breakdown, but he didn't say why. I can't believe people gave him so much shit about that.
There is an insane mob of psychos out there just waiting for an excuse to pounce on anyone they perceive as even slightly critical of fat people.

In this case, "fat" girl doesn't look fat enough or realistic enough? Torches and pitchforks time!

Having said that, it shouldn't have been enough to make him go off the deep end like that. He's already acknowledged the backlash merely ignited some inner demons he already had, and he's trying to get that all straightened out. Good for him.

<delurk>
I actually had to send him an email. QC is probably my favorite webcomic, in large part because I love the way he draws his characters. This makes me sad, and even thought he doesn't know who I am and it probably won't help, but I felt like I should let him know.
<relurk>

That's the problem with the internet. You never get to see how those comments are affecting someone until the person goes off the deep end.

It's crazy he still posted a comic today. The guy is dedicated.

For those curious, most of the grief he got was that she didn't look fat enough. One person's snarky bullshit specifically took him to task for not drawing her with rolls of fat on her side or stretchmarks, and that critic then took the lack of rolls/marks to be some sleight against overweight women as a whole.

If you can figure out how that last conclusion makes sense, I would appreciate it if you could share with everyone else.

That's what caused his relapse?

Dudes. I didn't think the character in question was supposed to be "fat"...just, you know, pleasantly plump. I'M fat. That chick is at my ideal weight by the looks of it.

I just don't get the harsh reaction. SO she has to be, what, 250 pounds or so to be consider a real fat chick? And that's some how a good things if that's true? If so I'm a head of the game! I should be in god damned magazines!

I get it if you're larger and you're happy the way you are. Hell, I'm happy for you!...until you start critizing others ideals of beauty is sarcastic, scathing way. Or you start trying to sabotage others desires to slim down. Or you belittle skinny chicks because they are 'ideal'.

I'm sorry. None of the above is probably readable. I just have a lot of emotions wrapped up in the subject...and I LIKED jephs larger character. I identified with her. I didn't think I needed to identify with her body image 100% as well. -_-

For those curious, most of the grief he got was that she didn't look fat enough. One person's snarky bullshit specifically took him to task for not drawing her with rolls of fat on her side or stretchmarks, and that critic then took the lack of rolls/marks to be some sleight against overweight women as a whole.

If you can figure out how that last conclusion makes sense, I would appreciate it if you could share with everyone else.

Conclusion. People are idiots.

figmentPez

Staff member
Google Translate, are you drunk?
2012_11_01 Google Translate does not know Latin _ Modus Operandi _ Juicy Fruit.JPG

No caps, it thinks "modus operandi" translates as "Juicy Fruit", capitalize the first letter, and you get a more accurate translation. Wut?

That's what caused his relapse?

Dudes. I didn't think the character in question was supposed to be "fat"...just, you know, pleasantly plump. I'M fat. That chick is at my ideal weight by the looks of it.

I just don't get the harsh reaction. SO she has to be, what, 250 pounds or so to be consider a real fat chick? And that's some how a good things if that's true? If so I'm a head of the game! I should be in god damned magazines!

I get it if you're larger and you're happy the way you are. Hell, I'm happy for you!...until you start critizing others ideals of beauty is sarcastic, scathing way. Or you start trying to sabotage others desires to slim down. Or you belittle skinny chicks because they are 'ideal'.

I'm sorry. None of the above is probably readable. I just have a lot of emotions wrapped up in the subject...and I LIKED jephs larger character. I identified with her. I didn't think I needed to identify with her body image 100% as well. -_-
You rock so hard.

It hours later and I'm still pissed off over this fat chick/skinny chick thing.

I bet the people flaming Mr. Jeph are th same ones that accuse every thin girl of having an eating disorder.

Fuck. I'm having a bad time here tonight.

Surprising, I went to Weight Watchers and that cheered me up. You ever want to see some body positive people? Go to a weight waters meeting. Those women (and some dudes) are happy with any improvement and accepting of any size. I thought it would be like going on a 'thinspiration' tumblr....but nah. Nothing like that.