Community, Parks & Rec, and go back through Scrubs. There; you've been sitcommed.
I really see one camera sitcoms as a whole other animal from 4 camera ones. Not sure why the number of cameras plays so much into the style of comedy and why it necessitates the use of a laugh track, but really, you can tell which are which right away, there's such a difference in how they're shot and the style of humour used. And generally, the one camera ones are more intelligent and more funny.

They're more crafted and less restricted. Each shot can be done however they see fit.

Lack of a studio audience definitely helps too.

I really need to throw in here as well and just clarify that I don't hate ALL 4 camera sitcoms. Like I said, How I Met Your Mother was pretty good, Cheers, obviously, as well as Frasier, Seinfeld, M*A*S*H, and I have a special soft spot for the Drew Carrey Show, as well as The Norm Show. Like 'em all. Seinfeld I just started to really appreciate this year.

GasBandit

Staff member
I fell asleep in the bathroom this afternoon, at work.

Had a pretty awesome dream about powerboat racing. Like, hydro-thunder level awesome.

Made custom MLP:FiM desktop icons for my niece's computer.

I'm keeping the one for Mount & Blade. Rainbow Dash is all like "Fuck yeah, we got this. Time to teach those Swadians a thing or two."

Cool, cool. Those scratches can hurt sometimes, my friends cat will scratch on a lark. I can't really blame the little guy, they think he might be feral and that my friend's sister took him away from his mom while he was still a little kitten. Messed up I know.

Good lord, I almost never buy cream for my coffee, cause y'know, allergic to milk and all that.

But hot damn I love me my (homebrewed, ot from Tim Hortons) double double.

My usual bed-time is 2 a.m, on any night. I've been trying to train myself to only need 6 hours but DAMMIT its hard. Physical training ain't easy that's for sure.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Late on the Big Bang Theory discussion... I watch the show and enjoy it. Do I love it? No. Will I get it on DVD? No (though I generally don't buy series anyway). But do I enjoy it and identify with the majority of the male cast? Um, hell yes. I recognize characteristics of myself in Leonard and Wolowitz, though rarely in Raj. And while a real-life version of Sheldon would probably drive me to pummeling him to unconsciousness and burying him in cement, I still enjoy watching him in the show. The reason is probably the same why people listen to Howard Stern: to hear what kooky shit he comes up with next. I don't laugh at him because he is "special" (his mother had him tested, you know); for me the humour derives from his delusional belief in his own superiority - and the rest of the world giving him a dope slap for it.

Granted, I haven't seen the entire production yet (I've only seen the show as far as... is it 3rd or 4th season where Wolowitz proposes?), and granted, many of the jokes work on stereotypes (Wolowitz and his mom, Raj and his parents), but I'm not going to badmouth the show just because the comedy doesn't make me weep golden tears of joy everytime. Frankly, I still find the show funnier than most comedy series available in my neck of the woods.

And that's my €0.02.