Cajungal

Staff member
Yoshi talking about popcorn reminds me of that guy who loved eggnog. Was that bananahands who talked about eggnog like it was his not-so-secret lover?

My feelings toward popcorn are like Homer Simpson's feelings toward donuts. I could eat it until I burst. I love the smell of fresh popped popcorn. I'd probably die if I ever worked in a movie theater because my cholesterol would go through the roof.
But I hate fake popcorn scent that's on scratch 'n sniff stickers and the like. Nastiness!

My feelings toward popcorn are like Homer Simpson's feelings toward donuts. I could eat it until I burst. I love the smell of fresh popped popcorn. I'd probably die if I ever worked in a movie theater because my cholesterol would go through the roof.
But I hate fake popcorn scent that's on scratch 'n sniff stickers and the like. Nastiness!
I like the pop corn that has caramel.

Now that I'm back working at the theatre, being around it all day, nearly every day, I've grown tired of eating it. The smell of it popping as it starts to fall from the kettle, right when it's still it's warmest, is great. One of my all time favourite scents. When I come home and my clothes and hair smell like stale popcorn though it kinda kills it.

Conclusion, if you wanna continue loving popcorn, don't work at a theatre.

Now that I'm back working at the theatre, being around it all day, nearly every day, I've grown tired of eating it. The smell of it popping as it starts to fall from the kettle, right when it's still it's warmest, is great. One of my all time favourite scents. When I come home and my clothes and hair smell like stale popcorn though it kinda kills it.

Conclusion, if you wanna continue loving popcorn, don't work at a theatre.
Another reason to stay unemployed. GOT IT!

I figure I understood about 60% the first time around, 75% the second time, and I was not able to make it through a third viewing.

--Patrick

I meant boxes of microwave popcorn, which have bags of them in them. And I don't see it as a popcorn problem, more or less a popcorn solution.

On occasion I eat home-made popcorn made from kernels and my dad's home-made butter sauce. It. Is. AWESOME!

Oh, I knew that was what he meant, it just made me think that even though I pop kernels the old fashioned way, they still technically came in a bag. :)

One more point, if you pop the kernels yourself, instead of heaping piles of salt and butter, fresh grated parmesan cheese goes wonderfully on it.

You know, I never really gave much thought to the possible difference in quality of microwave popcorn. I mean, it comes in a bag, you pop it in a minute and change (these days, I remember the good old days when it took 5 whole minutes to pop a bag of popcorn), sometimes it has butter flavoring and some salt, sometimes not. How different can it be? Then I bought a case of Orville Redenbacher's buttered popcorn at Costco and ate that brand exclusively until my 40 bags were gone (which took about 8 months), and then had some Act II "Butter lover's" popcorn... that shit is horrible! It's so dry and flavorless. Even if I add melted butter it's not as good as Orville Redenbacher's straight out of the bag with no additions. How can you screw up microwave popcorn?!