Cajungal

Staff member
Indeed, sir, indeed. Even if it doesn't! This is one of the most sluggish-ass storms ever. It was supposed to get here last night.

And is still isn't even in to I-10! Reminds me of a tropical depressing that settled over CenLA in 1991 or so, dropped so much rain that I actually had a wave go over the roof of my car while driving onto my Air Force base.

Cajungal

Staff member
Looking at pictures of Plaquemine Parish now, and there's some pretty bad flooding down there. Almost nothing here. Stores are open, even. I hope everyone got out okay. I'm so sorry for those who lost their homes. :( Speed it up and get outta here, Isaac.

I just dawdled over to the Hall of Shame sub forum and noticed that I was the OP in two of the top three locked threads.

Clearly I am bad ass.

GasBandit

Staff member
I wished the Taco Bell's around here would go back to doing Breakfast... but the last time they did breakfast the tacos were $0.59
10 states (including Texas) are testing out "Firstmeal," that is, a dedicated breakfast menu. Maybe they'll expand it if it goes well.

I just coughed, which caused me to let down my guard temporarily, and I farted at the same time. Good thing everyone else in the office has left for the day.

I seriously have nothing exciting to say, but...I just wanted to throw out a little halforums love to everyone! Even though I don't post/respond half as often as I want to, I love coming on here and seeing everyone's posts. I like feeling like I have a wide network of fun people that I know, even though we've never met. And the thing is, it doesn't matter to me that a face to face conversation hasn't happened yet, I still feel so very fond of everyone here.

Just...yay, love!

Why is it that I can watch anything I want to on Netflix, and never have any problems with it needing to buffer, except Top Gear? Literally every other movie or TV series I watch is flawless. Top Gear stops every 10 minutes or so to load.

Why the hell did I write "Blanche" on the bottom of this post-it note? Why did I underline it? Why is it written in different-colored ink than the notes on the rest of the paper?

I often write myself messages lacking in detail, knowing that even if no one would understand, I would. That's always been true. But this one... I have story notes, story notes... and then Blanche. Was this important in any way? Why is it in blue while the other notes are in black?

Did I just leave myself a puzzle I could never solve or was this something important that past me thought future me would understand and I'm not living up to my own expectations?

Why the hell did I write "Blanche" on the bottom of this post-it note? Why did I underline it? Why is it written in different-colored ink than the notes on the rest of the paper?

I often write myself messages lacking in detail, knowing that even if no one would understand, I would. That's always been true. But this one... I have story notes, story notes... and then Blanche. Was this important in any way? Why is it in blue while the other notes are in black?

Did I just leave myself a puzzle I could never solve or was this something important that past me thought future me would understand and I'm not living up to my own expectations?
It sounds like you are about to start an adventure.
This very much reminds me of: http://www.brandongenerator.com/

It stands for Blanche Devereaux because you are hoping to write your next story as a revival of the Golden Girls.

I just got back from the pet store. They had a yellow footed tortoise for sale named Gustavo Fring. Now I know what I'm naming my pet tortoise if I ever get one.