I didn't fart, I swear! Yes, I can be gassy, but that wasn't the case! Scout's honor! I swear on...hmm, I swear on Dill!
Didn’t have to be right then, It could have been hours earlier. Heck, our kitten attacked us this morning because her “mama” husky let one loose.

On the one hand my bus arrived and left my stop TWELVE minutes earlier than it was supposed to, on the OTHER hand the wind in the city is like 37 miles an hour right now, so MIXED blessing!

Dave

Staff member
Don’t forget, everyone, to not believe anything you read on the internet tomorrow. I used to love April Fool’s Day but now I loathe it with every fiber of my being.

Dave

Staff member
You’ve gotten old, Dave.
Im not sure that’s exactly what it is although it might be a contributing factor. It just seems to me that in the information age the “pranks” have gotten unnecessarily cruel. Like the “I’m pregnant” or “fake marriage proposal” or “I have cancer” or anything pranking kids for worthless internet clout.

Don’t forget, everyone, to not believe anything you read on the internet tomorrow. I used to love April Fool’s Day but now I loathe it with every fiber of my being.
A local Facebook page posted this. People are losing their goddamn minds, thinking it's about the carbon tax (gas only went up 3 cents due to the carbon tax increase).

Of course, the ones losing their minds are Conservative-thinking people, so it's doubly hilarious to me.

Screenshot_20240401_070942_Facebook.jpg

Right...
I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down the mill, and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home... our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

Right...
I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down the mill, and pay the mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home... our dad would kill us and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."
Ahhh, the good old days when you still had a bed and were allowed to eat!

Taiwan this morning:

We had a relatively large earthquake at around 8am this morning. I had just left home to head to work. You know sometimes when you're walking you'll suddenly get woozy or slightly lose your balance or something, so you do a funny cross-over step with one foot (like, you step with your right foot over your left foot, then continue walking normally) to regain your balance? I did that step-over and thought nothing of it. But then I noticed the guy walking in front of me had also done an identical step-over. And then I noticed the world was shaking. And then I ignored it and went to work.

Well, I would've, but the Taipei Metro was shut down due to the earthquake (they need to check the system over every time there's a big quake, it takes around an hour) so I had to take the bus instead. In fact, everyone was taking the bus instead. I learned new contortion moves on that bus today.

And then at around 9:30am we had an aftershock. I was already at work. I ignored it and continued working.

Taiwan this morning:

We had a relatively large earthquake at around 8am this morning. I had just left home to head to work. You know sometimes when you're walking you'll suddenly get woozy or slightly lose your balance or something, so you do a funny cross-over step with one foot (like, you step with your right foot over your left foot, then continue walking normally) to regain your balance? I did that step-over and thought nothing of it. But then I noticed the guy walking in front of me had also done an identical step-over. And then I noticed the world was shaking. And then I ignored it and went to work.

Well, I would've, but the Taipei Metro was shut down due to the earthquake (they need to check the system over every time there's a big quake, it takes around an hour) so I had to take the bus instead. In fact, everyone was taking the bus instead. I learned new contortion moves on that bus today.

And then at around 9:30am we had an aftershock. I was already at work. I ignored it and continued working.
Hug reaction in the hopes that you and everyone else will be okay.

We're getting aftershocks like every 20-30 minutes on average. My company has decreed that we're allowed to work from home today, but since I'm here already, I've decided to ignore everything and just work.

However, if my building collapses and I die from a 14 story fall, let it be known that I was not actually working very hard.

So my company's air conditioning system crapped out in early March, and working in an office building in Taiwan with no air conditioning is generally not a pleasant experience, so the company higher-ups allowed us to work from home for all of the rest of March. And, apparently, they had the air conditioning system repaired or replaced (not sure which), at what I'm certain was a considerable cost to the company.

The earthquake this morning has apparently knocked out the air conditioner again, so I'm now sitting in an office building in Taiwan with no air conditioning, which is generally not a pleasant experience. Good thing I have a fan.

So my company's air conditioning system crapped out in early March, and working in an office building in Taiwan with no air conditioning is generally not a pleasant experience, so the company higher-ups allowed us to work from home for all of the rest of March. And, apparently, they had the air conditioning system repaired or replaced (not sure which), at what I'm certain was a considerable cost to the company.

The earthquake this morning has apparently knocked out the air conditioner again, so I'm now sitting in an office building in Taiwan with no air conditioning, which is generally not a pleasant experience. Good thing I have a fan.
Sure thing.

Whooo! Go @bhamv3! You've got this! Yeah! Translate baby!
1712129702662.png

... Wait, does this whole "no airco" thing mean I've been seriously misinterpreting the whole "all my coworkers are hot" thing the whole time?