Got up at 5 am to take a 3 hour hike in the woods, so I would have time to take the eldest to work.

So you better wake up pretty early in the morning.

I wish I got a picture but yesterday I was at the liquor store and under the Stolichnaya vodka there was a little sign (clearly made by the manufacturer) that said "Stolichnaya is made in Latvia and supports Ukraine." I guess with that brand name they were worried about boycotts.

Oh, we had to Bubs. Did you see what they're doing with tea? Drinking it cold. With ice-cubes. :puke:

Tea is a hot drink people!
I know plenty of people just in Texas that will go back to war with you about that. They will insist, with force if necessary, that it’s brewed hot, sugar added while hot, then serve cold with ice and no other way is acceptable during the hot time of year. I personally don’t care for leaf soup though.

20220705_143907.jpg

Yeah, if I'm charging for 20 minutes, I'm charging where there is pie.

Ice cubes, sugar, and lemon, preferred. Honey instead of sugar if it's hot, the tea not outside, but usually only when I'm sick. Been having that a lot while dealing with covid lately.

Last edited:
Hee! I made it up to #4 before coming here, but you beat me to it.

If a trolley is heading towards a group of people, and you have a lever which would divert that trolley, BUT if diverting the trolley means someone else will get ahead of you to post a cool trolley problem link...

--Patrick

Huh, most people chose to kill the sentient robots in #18. Most people are going to be in trouble when the robot uprising happens & it turns out this whole thing was a sneaky test to see which humans they should keep around.

Dave

Staff member
I let the rich guy live. I mean, someone is dead either way. I know nothing about either of them. But I'd get $500k to help me better my life.

My kill count was 49.

And fuck them lobsters.

I let the rich guy live. I mean, someone is dead either way. I know nothing about either of them. But I'd get $500k to help me better my life.
Ah, but, if you do nothing then legally you're in the clear for the rich man's death. If you pull the lever though you've actively contributed to the other man's death. Is that murder - from a purely legal perspective? And because you received money for it, is that a paid assassination? If so I'm semi-certain the government can confiscate the $500k as proceeds of a crime.

I may be overthinking this. Also IANAL so the entire paragraph above may be bollocks.

Ah, but, if you do nothing then legally you're in the clear for the rich man's death. If you pull the lever though you've actively contributed to the other man's death. Is that murder - from a purely legal perspective? And because you received money for it, is that a paid assassination? If so I'm semi-certain the government can confiscate the $500k as proceeds of a crime.

I may be overthinking this. Also IANAL so the entire paragraph above may be bollocks.
I could see the case being made that accepting the money makes this murder for hire, even if the participant is being forced to kill one or the other, if simply because the economic status of the victims (or their unwillingness to pay) shouldn't be a factor in deciding whether or not someone gets to live or die in a hostage situation.

That said, I killed the rich person for even implying that his money might be worth more than the life of the other person or that my conscious could be bought off.

:notes:
Though it's a part of the Lone Star State
People don't seem to care
They just keep on lookin' to the east
:notes:
Wohn Wohn
Chicka Chicka
Wohn Wohn
Chicka Chicka
Wohn Wohn Wohn

Chicka Chicka
Wohn Wohn