I mean, TECHNICALLY, the third book was finished years ago. A first draft that needs work. @Hailey Knight read it. But because I don't like or trust my publisher anymore, I've done nothing with it.
I'm sort of in the same boat. I have 2 chapters to go on my 3rd. I've had 2 chapters to go for years. But publishing and audiences have changed, and I think there's just a little too much 'damsel in distress' in it to be palatable to today's audiences. Which means starting over. And I just don't have the gumption.

I'm excited to announce that the third Armadillo Mystery, a new novel written by me, will finally be coming out.

Ha ha! April Fools! I gave up on writing years ago due to crippling insecurities!

*sob*
I'm sorry man. I discovered something on an online shop recently but I don't think I will post it in any of the picture threads or you will become really depressed.

We're having a Guard the King problem in the lab. It's such a Friday thing

" Forms A & B go to the client, C&D to archives,"

"Right, give A&D to client."

Again, might as well post it now. You've already brought "something" to my attention. And I hate vague posts Ike that. Just post it.
Alright, fine. So I was looking up the new Blacksad comic release on Amazon and discovered some Detective Novels in the style of those old pulp storys.

There are multiple books with different characters. Haven't read any of them though.
Amazon product

Amazon product

Alright, fine. So I was looking up the new Blacksad comic release on Amazon and discovered some Detective Novels in the style of those old pulp storys.

There are multiple books with different characters. Haven't read any of them though.
Amazon product

Amazon product
Meh, that doesn't bother me at all. Anthro detectives is hardly an original idea. Elephantmen, Blackman, Dog City. This doesn't bug me at all.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, I didn't post my usual friday thing because I expected coub to disappear yesterday, but apparently it got a stay of execution.

So it WAS FRIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Man, this hits me hard. I have a MILDLY higher tolerance than depicted here, but not by much. Being an introvert is energy draining sometimes.

Not even hiding in the bathroom would help me. I hate most gatherings/parties (unless it's nerds or car people) and I'd only be able to relax once I got into the car to leave. (Maybe that's why I love cars so much, they're my safe space. :D) I felt sympathetic anxiety for the woman reading the book, though. I would respond politely like she did, but internally I'd be screaming "Why are you talking to me?????!!!!!"

Yeah, I have a friend who can't function unless he has social interactions nearly daily. Me? Leave me alone for a week and it would be the happiest time for me.

Also, I would not even go to that party. I've never been to one like that and would not be able to stand it for long. I hate crowds.

Haven't watched the video, but... People tend to mix up introvert/extrovert and social/antisocial.

Me, I really do like and need social interaction....But ti's also incredibly wearing and exhausting for me. My wife, she likes and needs social interaction, but she gets energized and activated by it, so that's not much of a problem for her. My mother finds social interaction exhausting but also doesn't need it much. My wife's a social extrovert, my mother's an antisocial introvert. I'm some sort of mix, needing the interaction but also dreading it :-P

Sometimes I like to be alone but sometimes I like to be with people and I dislike doing either for too long. Does that make me a Carrie or a Sam?

Haven't watched the video, but... People tend to mix up introvert/extrovert and social/antisocial.

Me, I really do like and need social interaction....But ti's also incredibly wearing and exhausting for me. My wife, she likes and needs social interaction, but she gets energized and activated by it, so that's not much of a problem for her. My mother finds social interaction exhausting but also doesn't need it much. My wife's a social extrovert, my mother's an antisocial introvert. I'm some sort of mix, needing the interaction but also dreading it :-P
Sounds like a functional introvert or an extroverted introvert, somewhere on the spectrum of it. You enjoy social interactions but it's draining sometimes.

Me, I enjoy small gatherings of maybe half a dozen. I don't do well in huge parties like that video.

Last edited:
I hate large social gatherings less because I'm anti-social and more that it's a huge sensory issue for me to deal with the amount of noise and conflicting chatter that occurs in large groups.

I used to hate big parties but I would stab someone through the heart with a wishbone to have the kind of parties we had just after high school.

Dammit I hate public transportation where I'm at, its ONLY efficient for going to work, not for like getting groceries or going to my favorite game store, just fucking insanity. Would it KILL Njtransit to have just ONE MORE fucking rt 315 bus, just ONE MORE?!

Dammit I hate public transportation where I'm at, its ONLY efficient for going to work, not for like getting groceries or going to my favorite game store, just fucking insanity. Would it KILL Njtransit to have just ONE MORE fucking rt 315 bus, just ONE MORE?!
It’s cheaper and easier just to have a guido come by your place and eliminate you.