GasBandit

Staff member
Get a load of this fucking 3 foot tall dandelion I pulled out of my sideyard/flowerbed today. Gardening gloves on top of a 55 gallon trash dumpster for size reference.

1581905356459.jpeg

Its stalk was a full inch in diameter. Thick as a quarter, I swear to god. This is what I get for not wanting to spray my rosebushes with herbicide.

Damn things are no joke this year. Had 'em all over my yard, and little bitty Roundup ain't getting them out. Doesn't help that neighbor has them all over his yard as well.

If I make a $300 dollar expenditure, that saves 1 employee 45 minutes every day for a regular shift of 4 hours a day, 7 shifts a week How quickly will I seen a return? What if I amortize the costs over 7 years? I pay the employee $1 per day.

Last edited:
It will take exactly 1,600 days for the cumulative savings to reach $300.

If you can spread the cost over 7 years then you are spending 11.74 cents per day to save 18.75 cents per day.

Your hypothetical money would do better in an RDSP account.
Remember all the choring I did yesterday, and at the end of the day asked the kids to do the dishes?

While I was doing the dishes this morning, I got to thinking about a magic brush for scrubbing dishes. And using the magic item creation rules for 5th ed D&D it would be a common item (mimics a cantrip), taking 3 days and costing 300 gp to make. If the average wage is 1 gp for working in a tavern I began think about the Persuasion check it would take to sell such an item, but wanted information on ROI for perhaps gaining advantage on the check.

Purple monkey dishwasher.

Dave

Staff member
My van is essentially dead so I need to find a new vehicle. I found one that I really like. It's got low mileage, a clean title, and no accidents on the CarFax. What's amusing to me is that it's a red 2016 Dodge Dart with 16,000 miles on it. Right now I'm driving my son's car...a 2016 red Dodge Dart with 18,000 miles on it. They are the same fucking car. I hope I get it just to confuse the shit out of the neighbors.

Dave

Staff member
My son would never do that because it would take an act of selflessness. My son does not possess basic social cues like empathy or self-sacrifice.

My son does not possess basic social cues like empathy or self-sacrifice.
Wait, isn't your son in the military? He's got to have at least a teensy bit of self-sacrifice. I mean, you kinda have to if you sign up for a life where people are probably going to shoot at you. Or so I assume.

Dave

Staff member
Wait, isn't your son in the military? He's got to have at least a teensy bit of self-sacrifice. I mean, you kinda have to if you sign up for a life where people are probably going to shoot at you. Or so I assume.
He had nowhere else to go and no other options. He got out once he hit E-4, which is when they want you to start learning leadership skills and actually doing stuff.

I'm not saying Dave's son is a chud, but I've known lots of chuds that went into the military, and came out still chuds.

And at least one or two that were chudified while in it.

thats unfortunate too, There is so many great things you can learn and use from military service that can give you a huge advantage. Just being the son of a locally well known marine was a favor in that other marines in positions of power who knew my dad as a fellow marine looked out for me and my mom even after he died.(i know its nepotism, but im not looking a gift horse in the mouth)

A friend of mine from China says that she was recently quarantined at home for 6 days as a precautionary measure. She basically just had to stay home and didn't go to work, though she still got paid for those days. The six days ended today, and she's fine, she didn't catch the virus.

On the one hand, yes, coronavirus.

On the other hand... six whole days to sit at home doing whatever you want, while getting paid... I can't help but feel just a bit envious.

A friend of mine from China says that she was recently quarantined at home for 6 days as a precautionary measure. She basically just had to stay home and didn't go to work, though she still got paid for those days. The six days ended today, and she's fine, she didn't catch the virus.

On the one hand, yes, coronavirus.

On the other hand... six whole days to sit at home doing whatever you want, while getting paid... I can't help but feel just a bit envious.
Are you sure you yourself aren't sick? You didn't even mention how attractive this friend is