[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

We didn't have to wait more than two weeks for a new comic? My cup runneth over!
Not that you're one to complain about the comic's update schedule, but there's a reason why updates haven't been as frequent in recent years.

As Rich explained on the forum recently, he's had to divide his time with three things:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/show...a-year-now-(spoilers)&p=21732133#post21732133

- The webcomic itself
- Stuff to pay the bills (merchandise, the PDF editions, etc)
- Getting all the Kickstarter rewards done.

So he feels guilty if he does the webcomic and not the Kickstarter stuff. Or he'll feel guilty doing the Kickstarter stuff and not the main comic. And then he has to find ways to keep an income to do all this work.

It's sad, honestly. He overpromised so much on the Kickstarter. He fully admits that in retrospect. He got so caught up in making promises and boosting the Kickstarter funding that now it's 5 years later and there's still a lot left to do on it. Which means the comic itself suffers. Personally, I'd be okay if he put the comic on hiatus in order to fully focus on the Kickstarter stuff and get at least the majority of it completed. The comic has been on hiatus before, at the end of a major storyline (or book). I honestly don't think his most devoted fans would mind.

Not that you're one to complain about the comic's update schedule, but there's a reason why updates haven't been as frequent in recent years.

As Rich explained on the forum recently, he's had to divide his time with three things:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/show...a-year-now-(spoilers)&p=21732133#post21732133

- The webcomic itself
- Stuff to pay the bills (merchandise, the PDF editions, etc)
- Getting all the Kickstarter rewards done.

So he feels guilty if he does the webcomic and not the Kickstarter stuff. Or he'll feel guilty doing the Kickstarter stuff and not the main comic. And then he has to find ways to keep an income to do all this work.

It's sad, honestly. He overpromised so much on the Kickstarter. He fully admits that in retrospect. He got so caught up in making promises and boosting the Kickstarter funding that now it's 5 years later and there's still a lot left to do on it. Which means the comic itself suffers. Personally, I'd be okay if he put the comic on hiatus in order to fully focus on the Kickstarter stuff and get at least the majority of it completed. The comic has been on hiatus before, at the end of a major storyline (or book). I honestly don't think his most devoted fans would mind.
Does his hand injury play any part into this? Since it was injured pretty badly, I thought he also couldn't work/draw as fast as he used to anymore (besides the above points).. Or has he fully recovered from it?

Does his hand injury play any part into this? Since it was injured pretty badly, I thought he also couldn't work/draw as fast as he used to anymore (besides the above points).. Or has he fully recovered from it?
I think it has, but I can't remember how. He wound up not buying a Cintaq because it's uncomfortable to hold a pen now. He mostly does his work via a mouse now because of the injury.