[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

Last update was that he was working on finishing up the Kickstarter PDFs so that he would have them out of the way.

Something that I've always wondered is Rich's health. He badly injured his thumb/hand shortly after the Kickstarter ended, but I've heard a few times before that he has ongoing health issues. He's never been open about it, or anything about his real life, really. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But I've always wondered what it is that holds him back from creating more content on a regular basis. My running theory is some kind of mental health issues, like depression or something. That might be just me projecting, though.

It does seem like it.. the frequency of comics has been steadily declining over the last couple of years. and he doesn't seem like a guy that just lost interest in it or anything.

My running theory is some kind of mental health issues, like depression or something. That might be just me projecting, though.
It's not uncommon among creative types. They tend to be bipolar. Five comics one month, then only two the next, then seven the following month, then only one the month after, etc.

--Patrick

I've gotten the impression from forum talk that while there may be depression and/or anxiety issues as well, he definitely has a diagnosed long-term condition of a more complex variety.

Last edited:
I read The Zombie Hunters webcomic. It's been on hiatus for a year and a half because the cartoonist had a nervous breakdown.

In general, creative types are no more likely than anyone else to have mental issues. Except bipolarism. They are way over-represented there.

Rich sent a new update to Kickstarter supporters: a new prequel story staring the Paladin who never quits, O-Chul! Check your e-mail, folks.

My vision still isn't good enough to read the O'Chul story without it being really zoomed in and incredibly tedious. :'(