The Lego appreciation thread

Lego Cuusoo has been rebranded as Lego Ideas.

They have announced their next fan-inspired set:
LEGO Ideas #008: Research Institute

It is based off of Ellen Kooijman’s Female Minifigure set. It is expected to be available in August.

Unfortunately, none of the other sets up for consideration were approved. Rejected designs were based on: Sherlock, Adventure Time, Macross, the Legend of Zelda, another Back to the Future set, and Japanese architecture.

Dave

Staff member
I don't watch TV other than sports or an occasional show like Castle. Until Guardians I had never heard of Chris Pratt. I find it nearly impossible to not like the guy.

Noah decided on his Halloween costume:

Good_bad_cop.png

Too hot here for a jacket, so we're going to get a black long sleeve t-shirt and (hopefully) borrow a tactical vest from a friend.

And the twirling face?

On a separate note: I have been getting into Oyo Sports figurines - not LEGO, per se, but they have the official approval of the NFL, MLB and NHL for team logos and "likenesses". I currently have an Oyo Zamboni to go with my two Predators players (Shea Weber and the now-Senator David Legwand).

He already wears glasses, so he can just switch between his real glasses and mirrored aviators. My idea for Scribble Face Good Cop is to make an insert he can put inside the helmet visor.

Chris Miller announced that there will be a Lego Batman movie by posting an homage to Zak Snyder's version of Batman:
batman noparents.jpg

"It's true. So excited. #Darkness #NoParents" (via Twitter)

Will Arnett will reprise his role as Batman. The movie is slated for a 2017 release. (via io9)

Last edited:
Lego announces two new projects for Lego Ideas:

This is this first time they've announced two sets from the same evaluation period.

The first set is a simple, elegant build -- Birds.

The second set does not seem that inspiring to build, but it has an obvious market: The Big Bang Theory:

In other news, here is a really nice fan creation, Calvin and Hobbes:

(via Gizmodo)

I know when I think Lego, I think, man I would love to recreate that scene from a shitty sitcom where people eat.

I know when I think Lego, I think, man I would love to recreate that scene from a shitty sitcom where people eat.
Yes, exactly so. It's an obvious tie-in and will probably sell really well, but it's not that interesting as a Lego set.

I rather think it's a good idea, those are some neat pieces of decoration in the background, on the shelves, and with the furniture nicely detailed, the set likely works really well for those who want to play "house" with their Lego.

Hey, how many of you just thought It'd be cool to have a set from House so you could play doctor with your Lego?

In other news, here is a really nice fan creation, Calvin and Hobbes:

(via Gizmodo)
The birds are nice, but my love and awe goes to Calin and Hobbes, once again. And of course to Bill Watterson, what a great man and a source of inspiration, be it for his art or for his integrity and spirit.

Very disappointed with Lego Fusion Battle Towers. It says that you can download the app from the Play Store for android devices and the Amazon Appstore. Except the app is not compatible with our Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire. Which means this toy that looked so super cool in the store is pretty damn sucky since you can't play with it in the way it's intended. I have never been so unhappy with Lego.

BTW: I love my OYO sports pieces! To be honest, I think LEGO dropped the ball (pardon the pun) over the possibility of marketing to sports teams, but at the same time I can understand why they didn't pursue it - and, at the same time, why it's wise they don't go after OYO too hard over cutting into profits. OYO can provide the level of customization that LEGO probably wouldn't want to do, and yet the interchangeability allows people who want LEGO and OYO sets to mingle them.

In other news, I still have all these baseboards left over...

Very disappointed with Lego Fusion Battle Towers. It says that you can download the app from the Play Store for android devices and the Amazon Appstore. Except the app is not compatible with our Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire. Which means this toy that looked so super cool in the store is pretty damn sucky since you can't play with it in the way it's intended. I have never been so unhappy with Lego.
I did some research on this but didn't have any luck finding a solution.

In other news,
UCS Lego Helicarrier
2,996 pieces
US $349.99 - CA $399.99 - DE 349.99€ - UK £269.99 - DK 2999.00 DKK
Release date: March 1st, 2015

Also includes 5 regular minifigs: Captain America, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Black Widow, and (for the first time ever) Maria Hill:

Last edited: