The Lego appreciation thread

That's very cool. I had thought about trying to put together a more obvious transparent Wonder Woman themed project for Cuusoo, but I haven't been able to get the design figured out.

The fan-inspired set to be built by Lego Cuusoo has been announced!

The Back to the Future(BTTF) - DeLorean Time Machine

The builders have announced that they will donate their 1% royalty from the set to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research.

The expected release date is mid-2013.

More information on the selection process and the sets that did not make it -- here.

My son got the minecraft micro set that lego put out over the summer, but we went to the lego store this week and he beelined to the loose lego wall to start gathering things to make his own version. What I find the most amusing is that he showed almost zero interest in Legos until he started playing Minecraft, which I'm pretty sure is backwards. ;)

My son's been asking if he can play Minecraft lately. I don't know if it's because it's Lego-like or because my husband used to play a lot.

He got a few new sets for Christmas: Gandalf Arrives, Escape the Mirkwood Spiders, Riddles for the Ring, Palpatine's Arrest, and a Tie-fighter. Plus he got the Lego Hobbit board game. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised when he put the tie-fighter together by himself. We've all been having fun with the board game, even our 3 year old daughter!

Both my sons play the hell out of Minecraft here at home. Currently only allow them to play Single Player at home on the same map together but they love it.

Both my sons play the hell out of Minecraft here at home. Currently only allow them to play Single Player at home on the same map together but they love it.
I set up a server over LAN so that we can all play together. It's winner.

I need to get caught up on updating this thread.

For starters, Lego has just announced a massive new Lord of the Rings set:

San Diego Comic Con news:

The Cuusoo Back to the Future set has been formally announced. Unfortunately, reviews have been mixed (Brothers Brick, Brickset, Eurobricks). The consensus is that the set has a great minifigs, a good price to piece ratio, and nice customization features as the car can be reconfigured into versions from any of the three movies. The problem is that model itself is a little disappointing.

Also announced at SDCC, two new Mincraft sets:

The Village

and
The Nether

(via BrothersBrick)

From Brickworld 2013 in Chicago, the winner of the Collaborative Display award:

The Wizard of Oz, in its entirety. It's 10 feet long and even includes a motorized Tornado.

(via Leg Godt)