The I'm Drunk/Wasted/High thread part too drunk to count

I can do three things at once!

1. Drink copious amounts of cooking wine
  2. Read a software patterns book
  3. Sing sappy catalan songs
Cooking wine here in the USA is usually adulterated with sufficient salt so that drinking enough to get plastered has a decidedly emetic effect. So I hope you're sourcing your cooking wine from elsewhere.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I feel like Absinthe should be on that list, somewhere above gin.

--Patrick
I just wanna know where to buy "box ethanol." I guess that may be ethanol fireplace refills. I dunno if they denature that stuff or not, but some days I'm tempted to find out.

My sister and I used to buy the 3L jugs of pink and nasty for family functions :D
Oh yeah, the Ernest & Julio Gallons?
I just wanna know where to buy "box ethanol." I guess that may be ethanol fireplace refills. I dunno if they denature that stuff or not, but some days I'm tempted to find out.
They pretty much have to, thanks to laws requiring it be sin taxed UNLESS it is rendered unfit for consumption*.
Even if you make it yourself, you're only allowed 100-200 gallons/year, any additional has to be denatured.

--Patrick
*Drinking, not tuberculosis.

Man, all those fancy names for Chateau Migraine....

Anyway, err, yeah, "cooking wine" just isn't a thing around here. I've literally never seen it. Just cheap wine :p Besides, cooking with wine, it really does make a difference what wine you use (which is not to say it's worth chucking in a $50 bottle).

Discovering McClelland's fine scotch is about the only good thing to come out of the "family" vacation with my in-laws and their extended family. The family's patriarch gleefully told me he would murder the ME (explicitly children included) to preserve his standard of living. This is the same man who refused to come to our wedding because he disapproved of my wife's life choices (combat boots, roleplaying, marrying an immigrant, ...). A family that believes me less of a human being because my spirituality does not include a (or theirs, for that matter) divine being.

This has been a very challenging week on my patience, and I am very upset with having burnt half of my year's vacation on this cesspool of a genetic dead-end (wife excepted). I am homesick to a degree I hadn't known before.

This scotch really is good, though. $30 for .75L, "McClelland's Lowland" is probably the smoothest scotch I've had by far. It beats everything in my cabinet barring JW blue label, or the fancy 12-year my dad keeps in his cabinet for me.

Discovering McClelland's fine scotch is about the only good thing to come out of the "family" vacation with my in-laws and their extended family. The family's patriarch gleefully told me he would murder the ME (explicitly children included) to preserve his standard of living. This is the same man who refused to come to our wedding because he disapproved of my wife's life choices (combat boots, roleplaying, marrying an immigrant, ...). A family that believes me less of a human being because my spirituality does not include a (or theirs, for that matter) divine being.

This has been a very challenging week on my patience, and I am very upset with having burnt half of my year's vacation on this cesspool of a genetic dead-end (wife excepted). I am homesick to a degree I hadn't known before.

This scotch really is good, though. $30 for .75L, "McClelland's Lowland" is probably the smoothest scotch I've had by far. It beats everything in my cabinet barring JW blue label, or the fancy 12-year my dad keeps in his cabinet for me.
gods man there are many fine scotches but for 30 bucks wow. I love talisker storm as well as a few others i cant remember atm because i havent drank in 6 months. (THANKS DRINKING PROBLEM!)

gods man there are many fine scotches but for 30 bucks wow. I love talisker storm as well as a few others i cant remember atm because i havent drank in 6 months. (THANKS DRINKING PROBLEM!)
It only becomes a problem when you can't lift your arm, amirite?

When it comes to drinking my scotch, I'm one of the least adventurous people out there--I'll try a new type every 2 years or somesuch. This one was recommended by a co-worker, and I'm working to change my habit (I think I'll start keeping 2 bottles opened at a time, and not buy repeats at a price range unless I'm amazed).