[TV] The Flash

Man, why is it mind-control/shapeshifter episodes mean everyone needs to be insanely stupid all of a sudden? So many stupid decisions they'd never make in any other episode.
To be fair, having never experienced shapeshifters one might be excused from not thinking about it as well as they could...

But it would have worked better if Barry turned around, then did a "oh, wait" face right before being knocked out... that way he doesn't come off as holding the stupid ball...

To be fair, having never experienced shapeshifters one might be excused from not thinking about it as well as they could...

But it would have worked better if Barry turned around, then did a "oh, wait" face right before being knocked out... that way he doesn't come off as holding the stupid ball...
There's that, Iris and the other girl stopping in that perfectly framed "he can escape here" spot (and thinking handcuffs would be enough to stop a SHAPESHIFTER COME ON GUYS), and how Everyman was just awful at pretending to be other people.

I don't mind characters being stupid sometimes, but this whole episode basically dropped everyone's IQ by like 30 points to make sure the show lasted a full 45 minutes.

There's that, Iris and the other girl stopping in that perfectly framed "he can escape here" spot (and thinking handcuffs would be enough to stop a SHAPESHIFTER COME ON GUYS), and how Everyman was just awful at pretending to be other people.

I don't mind characters being stupid sometimes, but this whole episode basically dropped everyone's IQ by like 30 points to make sure the show lasted a full 45 minutes.
Yeah, aside from the enjoyable business in Starling City, this basically felt like an episode to pass the time until we get some more Reverse-Flash action.

Yeah, aside from the enjoyable business in Starling City, this basically felt like an episode to pass the time until we get some more Reverse-Flash action.
Yeah, I mean next week's preview looked awesome as hell, and I really hope it makes up for the 90% of this episode that was pretty garbage.

Yeah, I mean next week's preview looked awesome as hell, and I really hope it makes up for the 90% of this episode that was pretty garbage.
Hopefully. The next episode we've got looks to have a big confrontation with the Reverse-Flash, and the following episode after that will be the first big use of Gorilla Grodd.

Also, how much longer before we see Cisco Ramon and Caitlin Snow gain their respective super identities, do you reckon?

Dunno, I guess it'll depend on how things go after Reverse Flash. Vibe's still a hero, but Killer Frost is a villain and one of Firestorm's primary enemies. I suppose we'll have to see how this season ends and what happens to STAR Labs after Wells is said and done.

Hopefully. The next episode we've got looks to have a big confrontation with the Reverse-Flash, and the following episode after that will be the first big use of Gorilla Grodd.

Also, how much longer before we see Cisco Ramon and Caitlin Snow gain their respective super identities, do you reckon?
If we're lucky? Never.

I imagine we will see at least one of them by the end of the season -- just not in the original timeline. I think the Flash will go back, change the past, and return to a present that is worse than the one he left.

It seems to me that if we do get one it'd likely be Cisco, if nothing else he's the more interesting character by a mile.
I'm thinking that we see Cisco become Vibe sooner, especially considering how much they seem to be pushing his work with soundwaves.

Also, he managed to remember fragments of the timeline where Reverse-Flash kills him after being saved with Barry's vibrating hand defibrillation. If I'm remembering it right, the comics have sometimes touched on the idea of alternate dimensions or timelines vibrating at different frequencies. I think that incident sparks the beginning path of Cisco becoming Vibe.

I wasn't sure if I should post it somewhere like here or just start a thread for the DC/CW TVverse that's forming, but here is an extended look at CBS's new series Supergirl.

Well that looks like fun. Do we know if it shares a universe with Arrow and Flash, or is it a separate one, like Gotham and the late Constantine?

Well that looks like fun. Do we know if it shares a universe with Arrow and Flash, or is it a separate one, like Gotham and the late Constantine?
I'm not sure if there has been a definite answer, but one of the showrunners has said that there is the potential for crossovers with Arrow and Flash, suggesting that it is.

I hope that it does turn out to be enjoyable. At the moment, I'm curious about what they'll do with the guy who Kara confides in with her secret identity as a hero. That character is apparently Winslow Schott, best known as the Superman villain Toyman.

We don't know about Arrow/Flash being in the same Universe, but CBS owns a bit of CW and the same producer is running all 3 shows. I doubt Gotham since it is not related to A/F or CBS, and it is set 20 years in the past. But it has messed up tech like Archer.

Oh and my favorite moment of the finale...

Jay Garrick's helmet tumbling through the wormhole.
That part retroactively bugged me 'cause it was just there without any real mention of it! Like we can't not talk about this just a little bit. But instead he was just all "WELP! Exit: stage left!"

That part retroactively bugged me 'cause it was just there without any real mention of it! Like we can't not talk about this just a little bit. But instead he was just all "WELP! Exit: stage left!"
I hope it's explored more in the next season and that we get a "Flash of Two Worlds" situation.

They've announced that Dr. Light will be introduced in the next season. Not the Arthur Light version, however. Instead, they're going with Kimiyo Hoshi.

fade

Staff member
Season 1 is on Netflix, so I decided to catch up. I was really disappointed in Captain Cold. They did briefly attempt to make him calculating, but there wasn't any of the famous grudging respect. Plus it seems to me they reversed his position on taking lives from the comics, or am I crazy? He won't take a cop's life, but he will take a civilian's?

Season 1 is on Netflix, so I decided to catch up. I was really disappointed in Captain Cold. They did briefly attempt to make him calculating, but there wasn't any of the famous grudging respect. Plus it seems to me they reversed his position on taking lives from the comics, or am I crazy? He won't take a cop's life, but he will take a civilian's?
No that's right. Cold's issue is he doesn't want to escalate with the authorities. Kill a civilian it's business as usual, kill a cop and the entire force is going to come down hard.

Are you still catching up? Cold shows up a few more times and his interaction with Barry is pretty great.