The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

GasBandit

Staff member
But that Rocky Mountain high*!

*I have never been to Colorado.
It's a thing!

But most people just call it "oxygen deprivation." I used to like to go up to the restaurant at the summit of Pike's Peak and watch the tourists pass out in their soup.

It's a thing!

But most people just call it "oxygen deprivation." I used to like to go up to the restaurant at the summit of Pike's Peak and watch the tourists pass out in their soup.
It always amuses me to go skiing and watch my dad spend 2 or 3 days gasping for air and buying the oxygen cans.

Holy shit. I got the email today. Guys... At 37 years old with a large family, I'm doing probably one of the scariest things I've ever done. I'm taking a year off work to go to college full time living solely off of savings (actually cashing out my retirement fund). I'm excited, I'm scared, and I hope I can do this. This will bring about a whole new future for me and my family and I'm so excited to see it start! Can't wait till January! I know last year this program had 80 applicants and only 24 got in, so while I've been super excited about the prospect of getting into this program I knew I had a small percentage chance to get in, but here I am, killing it!

nurse.JPG

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, for those who wanted pictures, they are in the spoiler.

The house front:
1.jpg

The breezeway between the front door and the garage:
2.jpg

The Front Door:
3.jpg

The Living Room:
4.jpg

The Living Room from another angle:
5.jpg

The Dining Area:
6.jpg

The Kitchen:
7.jpg

The Kitchen from another angle:
8.jpg

The Master Bedroom:
9.jpg

The Master Bathroom:
10.jpg

Soon to be my Office/PC/VR room (gonna move the ceiling fan into the guest room)
11.jpg

Soon to be the guest room (or possible Ferretorium)
12.jpg

Second bathroom. Yes, tile everywhere, even on the ceiling.
13.jpg

The back yard - I have no houses behind me, I back up right against green space (and mosquitoes).
14.jpg

Apparently, the guy who owned this house previously was, like, THE tile magnate of the Brazos Valley. Big tile store/distributor. Everything in this house is tile. Tile floors, tile baseboards/molding, all-tile surfaces in the kitchen. Breezeway and patio? Tile! Bathrooms? Tile all over. Even tile on the ceiling. Open up the cabinets? Tile. Look under the kitchen sink? TILE. No linoleum or carpet ANYWHERE. ONLY TILE.

And yeah, I don't expect to get much use out of that fireplace.