The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Dave

Staff member
Money came in early. So as of this morning, all bills are paid (credit cards and car payments got a little extra "sumpin sumpin"), we are officially paid up on everything but 1 car & 2 credit cards.

Ordered the Stream Deck and since I have a .edu email account, I get a student discount with Prime. *shhhhh* Plus that means it'll be here tomorrow.

Monday we go bed shopping.

Tuesday the son and I are going to see Spider-man.

Wednesday we go on vacation to Colorado Springs.

After that we'll be back to pinching pennies but god DAMN if it isn't nice being able to not worry about money at least once a year.

Have you found out how much it's gonna be to fix your Internet yet?

What with the move and all, I looked into what it would take to upgrade my residential Internet to something more commercial in reliability and service. If I keep the same speed BUT move up to a "business" plan, it'll only be a little more than double the current cost. Nope.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Have you found out how much it's gonna be to fix your Internet yet?
Should be free. If it's not then my current bill for CenturyLink is that I owe -$241. You read that right. NEGATIVE $241. They overbilled me by a bunch and when I finally got it through their thick skulls they corrected how much I'd paid. I haven't paid a cable bill since April.

Dave

Staff member
It's a miracle! Tech is supposed to come tomorrow but the internet is now miraculously running 350-500 Mbps! Still not 1000 but enough that I'm going to call them and tell them to stay home. I fucking TOLD them it wasn't on my end.

Colorado Springs is great! Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, and Pike's Peak! Isn't Gas from there? He or Dei probably have great tips. Have fun!

Dave

Staff member
I've been to all of those places and they are great! Might even come back with some edibles. (No, not for me.)

Colorado Springs in 2 hours south of me and about all I've really done there is drive through it and once I cried in terror while someone else drove up and down Pike's Peak.

So she couldn't find something she was looking for and had to finally clear out the mess.
Either that or she wants to have somebody over who might see her bedroom that she might want to impress.

Put "bolds" or "italics" or anything else on that sentence until @HCGLNS starts being way too father-paranoid.

;)

My daughter has been "cleaning her room" for the last three weeks, but in reality she's just been moving the same pile of junk around the room without figuring out what to do with it.

It's really more the whole I'm an adult now phase. She does not need these toys anymore kind of thing.

Last edited:
My daughter has been "cleaning her room" for the last three weeks, but in reality she's just been moving the same pile of junk around the room without figuring out what to do with it.
Perhaps she’s counting on the erosion to make it smaller?

—Patrick

A fine reward after a day of fighting for my meds that help me walk! The large half frozen Diet Coke was even better than the sparkle stuffie. Thanks!